MBA profile evaluation request

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MBA profile evaluation request

by jaganpani » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:03 pm
Hi,

I am willing to apply during fall, 2014 to seek an admit in fall, 2015. Below is my profile detail.

Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication engineering. GPA: 6.9/10.0. Did graduation from Amrita University, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.

GMAT score: 750 (Q50, V42, AWA 4.0)

Work experience: I work for Infosys. My designation is Systems Engineer. Experience so far is 2 years and 4 months. My job is to develop e-banking websites for clients using the Finacle product. I have listed down my 2 projects below:

Client 1:

Building an e-banking website for HBTF by converting base product (Finacle version 11) to full modular/customizable website with customizable JSP pages. By the end of this project, Finacle, the proprietary banking product of Infosys, will empower the bank's 112 home country branches with a unified, future-proof technology platform delivering all the benefits of straight through processing and support for true 24X7 multi-channel and multi-currency transactions.

Performed Gap analysis for both retail and corporate banking, designed business rules and requirements and managed development of technical specifications for data interfaces conforming to Finacle's core banking and CRM systems.

Provided analysis on retail and corporate customer needs, system specifications and project requirements.

Documented user requirements, detailed logic flows and system and program specifications.

Maintain daily database needs, administration, user profiles and data issues and handled mission critical calls & consistently met high service standards.

Client 2:

Solely designed and developed/customized one full module using Finacle version 10 and it reportedly had least number of defects.

Lead a module development project team of two team members for the credit card system of the bank.

Served as a liaison between product development team and client for business and process improvement in order to develop an understanding of client's expectations.

Discussed and developed a means for Finacle e-Banking to interact with the Wage Protection System (WPS), which is a solution for processing employee's salaries as per the UAE Central Bank and UAE Ministry of Labor requirements

Coordinated with multiple product vendors like Symantec and Temenos 24 for developing interfaces like the antivirus interface and the online interaction interface respectively.

Major achievements:

Have passed CFA level 1 in the first attempt. Have registered for CFA level 2 now.

Have cleared 25 online modules in Harvard Manage Mentor program.

Co-founder of Infosys Toastmasters Chennai club. Currently the President of Infosys Toastmasters Chennai club and Assistant Area Governor of Area M1, District 82(b). Have served as the Vice President Education and Sergeant at Arms in the past.

South Zone Director of InTeGER. InTeGER (INcubating TEchnology in Graduates, Enterpreneurs & Researchers), a startup NGO, aspires to eliminate the wide gap between aspiring technology wizards and the corporate world. I have organized sessions in more than ten colleges and conducted workshops in and around Delhi. Additionally I also manage the fee collected from participants and pump it back into InTeGER for sustaining the NGO.

Career goals:

I want to move into finance domain. Preferably into investments or asset management. Not very keen on accounting. Certain schools where I want to go are MIT/Yale/IE/ISB/HEC. Can you tell me if my profile is strong for these schools?

Also I do not have any onsite experience so far. How much emphasis is laid on international exposure by b-schools?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:28 members

by Heidi Granner » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:45 am
jaganpani,

Thanks for your post.

The average age (upon starting classes) for the schools you are targeting is 27-29 years old. Given you are currently 23 years old and in a very competitive profile (Indian engineer), I recommend working for a couple more years before applying. You will have a much stronger overall application and will be able to show greater impact.

Best,
Heidi
Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our award-winning blog for daily MBA admissions updates
Use our b-schools dashboard for your MBA program research
Download our publications on b-schools and admissions strategy
Visit our MBA interview archive to read and share interview insights