Master GMAT Online Course reviews

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:680

Master GMAT Online Course reviews

by Taran » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:27 pm
Hi gmatters,

Does anyone know about the 'Master GMAT' online course? I got to know about it through an advertisement that appeared on btg's home page. How does this course compare to the others available online?

Thanks

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by Target2009 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:27 pm
Taran,

It is One of the best in market. Try free trial, am sure you will like it & then take decision.
Regards
Abhishek
------------------------------
MasterGmat Student

by Taran » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:24 am
Thanks for your reply Abhishek,

I see that you are a student of Master Gmat. Have you taken their diagnostic test? Does this test resemble closely to the GmatPrep test?

I will surely try out their 7 day free trial. I've read in their testimonials that the course, especially the interactive software part is amazing. I'd like to try it. I'm not sure though whether i'll be able to understand the benefits in just 7 days.

Thanks again !!

Taran

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:43 am
Hey Taran, have you tried our reviews directory? Here's the link: reviews.beatthegmat.com. Master GMAT is one of the companies featured there.

by Taran » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:18 pm
Hey Dana,

I read all the testimonials at btg's review page. Most of the testimonials are about how amazing Master Gmat's software is, but very few are about the quality (closeness to actual gmat questions) of the questions that this software throws at the user(s).

It is a known fact that Manhattan Prep Course questions and CAT tests closely resemble the actual GMAT. This makes MGMAT course a very good competitor in the Gmat Preparation Industry. But i am not aware of any such facts about Master Gmat course.

I don't think that i'll see 700+ level questions in only 7 days, so i cannot make out whether the questions i will see later during my course will be close to actual gmat questions. This is why im so actively trying to get this information.

Can you please provide more insights? As you continuously have been doing for many other gmat queries :)

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by Target2009 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:40 pm
Taran,

You won't get all 700+ level questions even in Real GMAT. I do have MGMAT books & CAT but still decided to join master gmat. Cause I like the material, question level, and specially the Presentation of Material.

I will still recommend you to go thru trial. Anyway its your call. ( Don't want to sound like there representative :) )

for level check following: Try https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2011/02/ ... hallenhege.

Also they started sharing some question thru Video format here. https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/category/master-gmat

Take a look and decide what best suits to you.

Best of Luck
Regards
Abhishek
------------------------------
MasterGmat Student

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Avalust » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:57 am
Ok I don't have much time..

First off I want to say that I am no genius I did the Manhattan GMAt course and it was good but Master GMAT is a different cup of tea, I gained 150 points from them. I REALLY hope they go GRE because my brother is going to do that later this year as he wants to go into foreign policy.

The course is really tight, it adapts to your weakness and each lesson is beautifully laid out, the English section is BY far the best explain of any material I had but gains were particularly from the Quant. I am not good at math, after doing GMAT TWICE I had a huge aversion to it, master GMAT broke the quant down to apoint where I felt "Wow I am really understanding this" even when I got things wrong.

To be honest I wasted ALOT of money on GMAT preps even while starting Master GMATs course because I lacked confidence in them (a year ago) and people (beat the gmat included) were going with the bigger names. Eventually, I reached a point when I said @#$^ it and plunged into their course (I got reminders from their system lol that I was away more than 30 days) and it was not a day that went by that I regretted not trusting their program from the beginning.

BTW I am a Entrepreneur I spent almost $3000 of my money on GMAT, a library of books and I am at this moment Master GMAT's biggest supporter in the GMAT arena, they really nailed it.

All the best.

EDIT: I will try to return but I don't visit this site much last time I came was probably 4 months ago, I think I have coupons or might have deleted it (no use to me really) pm me and I can send it to you if I find them will try to reply by the end of the week. All the best guys and keep the faith!
GMAT aint the end of the world.

Every Change comes from an action but not all actions lead to a change!