Knewton CAT - Problem with CAT - Illogical result

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:710
I did not find any link within the KNEWTON forum, where I could address this.

I got 34/37 right in Quants and 37/41 right in Verbal. I was expecting a score in the 700s when I was dished out a miserable 660.

Details : [Q - 37 / 81% V - 45 / 71% T - 660 / 81%]

I am appalled as this was my last CAT and I am giving GMAT within a month. Please help!

Are your scores fine? Surely I do not deserve a 660 for my effort!!! Knewton experts, please help!!!!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:33 members
GMAT Score:780

by gmatboost » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:42 am
While I agree that seems strange/questionable, rather than spending your time worrying about whether this is right or wrong, you need to immediately take a FREE GMATPrep practice test if you have not yet done so.

https://www.mba.com/the-gmat/download-fr ... tware.aspx

The official practice tests are, in my opinion, the only way to get a score that you can have confidence in.

This doesn't mean it will be exactly the same score you get on the test. Any test has a standard error. But it means you can rest assured that if you perform at that same level, you will get roughly that same score.

This also doesn't mean that prep course practice tests are not helpful. They are probably "in the ballpark." But at the end of the day I always advise students to rely on GMATPrep as the best indicator of where they are.
Greg Michnikov, Founder of GMAT Boost

GMAT Boost offers 250+ challenging GMAT Math practice questions, each with a thorough video explanation, and 100+ GMAT Math video tips, each 90 seconds or less.
It's a total of 20+ hours of expert instruction for an introductory price of just $10.
View sample questions and tips without signing up, or sign up now for full access.

Also, check out the most useful GMAT Math blog on the internet here.

Official Company Rep

by Jessie@Knewton » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:28 pm
Hi Badpoem,

I just posted a reply in the Ask Knewton forum.

Thanks!

Jessie