Keeping a log?

This topic has expert replies
Community Manager
Followed by:3 members

Keeping a log?

by isisalaska » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:02 am
Is it useful for me at this point (second round) to start a log of my study? I reviewed all the books and did many attests (Kaplan, PR, Manhattan and CAT Prep), should I start over?
Isis Alaska

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:39 pm
I think it's a great idea to keep a log. Logs are a great way of staying accountable to your study, and if you keep it here (like zaffar does), other users will be able to provide feedback as well as learn from you.

With regard to starting over--it's important that you have a different strategy for studying that you did before. I would really focus on identifying your weaknesses and improving on them with lots of practice questions and discussion with this community.

Do you know where you are weak on the GMAT? What do you think would have helped your score better on your first test?
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Community Manager
Followed by:3 members

by isisalaska » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:46 pm
I am weak on the quantitative area, especially PS, I believe.
I will start keeping a log then. Thsi is soomething I did not do before, it might help this time. Thanks!~
Isis Alaska

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:54 pm
And don't forget to review every problem you do. Really pick it apart - spend two to three times as long examining the problem as you spent doing it in the first place.

If you didn't do this the first time around, go back and do this for problems you've already done. You're not really finished with a problem until you know that if you put it away and pull it out in a month, you'll know exactly how to tackle it. (Not because you've literally memorized that exact problem, but because you've learned what to do for all of the different problem types, content areas, etc. you might see on the test.)
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me