Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Kaplan Test Prep

by chan2004 » Mon May 26, 2008 12:03 am
hi guys,

i didn't see any appropriate forum to post this query

anyway, i have purchaased kaplan premier book and registered in kaplan site
there, they have lots of material for gmat preparation.
but most of the things are not working for me.
is it because i need to insert the cd and then use it with the site?

i am currently having a mac, the kaplan cd doesn't support this

can someone help me in this
i really would like to go through the material
infact, i bought the book only for the online content

pls suggest what to do

thanks in advance

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Mon May 26, 2008 12:22 am
I'll forward your message to my partners at Kaplan. Hopefully they will have some guidance to share.

Thanks,
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:614 members
GMAT Score:800

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Mon May 26, 2008 1:19 am
I'm pretty sure that it's because you have a Mac. If you read the operating requirements listed on the book, it likely says that you need to have a PC to use the CD-ROM or online resources.

Can you run a PC simulator on your Mac?

Stuart Kovinsky | Kaplan GMAT Faculty | Toronto

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount
BTG100 for $100 off a full course

by chan2004 » Mon May 26, 2008 3:58 am
i tried this in my office pc also

unlickly, same case :(

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Wed May 28, 2008 10:23 am
Message from Kaplan:

Hello chan2004, The CD is not needed in order to access/use any online content. Since the content is online, it will work on PC and MAC platforms. The "Online Companion" can be accessed through Safari, Firefox, and the Internet Explorer browser (on windows). The issue you are having is most likely a settings related issue on your computer. Please contact us at 1-888-346-5876 or via email at www.kaptest.com/contactus so that we may resolve this issue for you. Thank you for using Kaplan products. :D
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

Re: Kaplan site not working

by aim-wsc » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:51 pm
chan2004 wrote:hi guys,

i didn't see any appropriate forum to post this query
If not fitting in any forum Lounge is the best & safest place to start a new topic. ;)

Welcome to the forums :)

by sunilkr05 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:20 am
Hi,
I have bought Kaplan GMAT Premier Program 2009 edition. I am not able to register online companion as after entering the serial number, it says " the key you have entered is invalid. Please enter a valid key or call customer service at 1-800-KAPTEST". As I am from India I am not able to access its customer service . I have also sent an email but there is no reply from kaplan. I have purchased it from a reputed bookseller, what to do as the bookseller says he cannot do any thing in this.
sunil

GMAT Instructor

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:07 am
sunilkr05 wrote:Hi,
I have bought Kaplan GMAT Premier Program 2009 edition. I am not able to register online companion as after entering the serial number, it says " the key you have entered is invalid. Please enter a valid key or call customer service at 1-800-KAPTEST". As I am from India I am not able to access its customer service . I have also sent an email but there is no reply from kaplan. I have purchased it from a reputed bookseller, what to do as the bookseller says he cannot do any thing in this.
PM me the key # and the name and address of the book store and I'll call on your behalf.

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:3 members
Dear sunilkr05,

Your satisfaction with our product is very important to us, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Since you purchased Kaplan GMAT: Premier Program, 2009 Edition, please DO NOT enter the serial number.

INSTEAD, when you get to www.Kaptest.com/GMATBooksOnline, please click on the link that says "GMAT: Premier Program, 2009 Edition." (In the attached TIFF, you'll see a screenshot of that page where I've highlighted the link.)

This "GMAT: Premier Program, 2009 Edition" link will take you through the necessary steps for registering your personal Online Companion—which includes a customizable study plan, diagnostic quiz, practice tests, fresh practice quizzes every month, and much, much more.

The Online Companions for all OTHER editions of Kaplan GMAT: Premier Program or Kaplan GMAT: Comprehensive Program should be registered using the serial number.

I hope this has been helpful, and I wish you the best of luck on your exam!

Sincerely,

Monica P. Lugo
Editor - Kaplan Publishing

--

We build futures one success story at a time. Visit us at www.kaplanpublishing.com
Attachments
GMATBooksOnline.tif

by vidabella417 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:18 pm
Apparently the image of the www.Kaptest.com/GMATBooksOnline screenshot with the 2009 link highlighted didn't appear. Here is a JPEG!
Attachments
GMATBooksOnline.jpg

Thanks

by sunilkr05 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:23 am
Thanks a lot.. :)
sunil

Horrible support

by inanodut » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:12 pm
I have the same issue.. I tried the code on both IE and Firefox only to be told the code is invalid. The only phone number they give is 1-800-Kaplan. Ever tried using a word instead of a number on a blackberry? I had use google to find a program on the Internet to convert "Kaplan" to a number. To top it off I called the 800 number and I got a answering machine message that stated "the mail box is full" For $42 I expected a lot better. I will give them a day to rely to my support email I sent using the link above. If I don't hear back the book is going back to the store... So far the support for this product is terrible!

:evil:

by vidabella417 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:06 am
Dear inanodut,

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced. Your satisfaction with our products is very important to us!

Are you trying to register a Kaplan GMAT: 2009 Edition book?
If so, please do NOT use the serial number! You need to use the link found on www.kaptest.com/GMATbooksOnline, as was instructed in the earlier post to sunilkr05.

If you are using a 2008 or earlier edition of our GMAT guide, then you should enter the serial number using dashes and capital letters in the field indicated on www.kaptest.com/GMATbooksOnline. If you have tried that already and the serial number still doesn't work, then please call 1-800-KAP-TEST (1-800-527-8378), so they can give you a new serial number.

I apologize again for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please feel free to send me a PM if you are still experiencing difficulties after taking these steps.

I hope this has been helpful, and I wish you the best of luck on your exam!

Sincerely,

Monica P. Lugo
Editor - Kaplan Publishing

--

We build futures one success story at a time. Visit us at www.kaplanpublishing.com

by jain.shanu01 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:13 am
Hi,
I have bought Kaplan GMAT Premier Program 2009 edition. I am not able to register online companion as after entering the serial number, it says " the key you have entered is invalid. Please enter a valid key or call customer service at 1-800-527-8378". As I am from India I am not able to access its customer service.

GMAT Instructor

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:24 pm
jain.shanu01 wrote:Hi,
I have bought Kaplan GMAT Premier Program 2009 edition. I am not able to register online companion as after entering the serial number, it says " the key you have entered is invalid. Please enter a valid key or call customer service at 1-800-527-8378". As I am from India I am not able to access its customer service.
Hi Jain,

there are two other posts on this thread that answer your question - for the 2009 Premier Edition, you do NOT enter the serial number.
Are you trying to register a Kaplan GMAT: 2009 Edition book?
If so, please do NOT use the serial number! You need to use the link found on www.kaptest.com/GMATbooksOnline, as was instructed in the earlier post to sunilkr05.