Kaplan Practice Test

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Kaplan Practice Test

by GMAT Hacker » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:07 am
Hi Experts and dear ones,

Today I took Kaplan practice test and scored 740 (Q- 50, V-41). I just wanted to know what are my chances. I still not registered for the actual GMAT test.

Please advise me according to my performance in the practice test, can I go ahead and register for GMAT in another couple of weeks?

Cheers!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:58 am
Hi GMAT Hacker,

Congratulations on your great score! Kaplan is proud of the accuracy of our CATs, and all things being equal, you can expect a similar score on the real thing.

That being said, all isn't equal. Stress, lack of endurance, unfamiliarity with the testing center, and rare oddball question types all have the potential to impact your score. For that reason, even with the 740, I'd advise taking one or two more tests (full length--did you include your essays?) just to make sure everything is ironed out.

Finally, depending on your location and schedule, registering for a few weeks in the future may be a bit difficult. Saturday GMAT slots are very popular, especially as Round 1 deadline approach. Probably better to wait a few weeks than to have to take it 8am Thursday after working M-W.

All that being said, I think you can feel very confident. If you're starting from a 740, there is nowhere to go but up--I'm sure you'll see a great score on Test Day, sooner rather than later!

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:710

by debmalya_dutta » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:07 am
KapTeacherEli wrote:Hi GMAT Hacker,

Congratulations on your great score! Kaplan is proud of the accuracy of our CATs, and all things being equal, you can expect a similar score on the real thing.

That being said, all isn't equal. Stress, lack of endurance, unfamiliarity with the testing center, and rare oddball question types all have the potential to impact your score. For that reason, even with the 740, I'd advise taking one or two more tests (full length--did you include your essays?) just to make sure everything is ironed out.

Finally, depending on your location and schedule, registering for a few weeks in the future may be a bit difficult. Saturday GMAT slots are very popular, especially as Round 1 deadline approach. Probably better to wait a few weeks than to have to take it 8am Thursday after working M-W.

All that being said, I think you can feel very confident. If you're starting from a 740, there is nowhere to go but up--I'm sure you'll see a great score on Test Day, sooner rather than later!

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hi Eli,
Is the score obtained on the Kaplan Diagnostic/practice test available on the kaptest website pretty accurate ? I think that's what you stated in the above post .. can you please confirm .. I have my actual test in a couple of weeks and s want to do a sense check ...
Regards, Deb
@Deb

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:07 pm
Hi Deb,

It's quite accurate. However, it never hurts to take more tests--if you want the most accurate results possible, that's still the official GMATPrep tests.

Eli
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage