Kaplan Online Course CATs

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Kaplan Online Course CATs

by Verne_Lundquist » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:40 pm
Hi:

I have been reading that you can add about 50-80 points to your Kaplan CAT score to gauge what your actual GMAT score may be.

My question is, is this also true of the Kaplan CATs provided in the online course? (There are 8 of them on the online course)

I have taken 4 so far, and I have received a 730,690,700, and 740. I find it hard to believe that I should be able to add 50 points to these scores to determine my GMAT score as these scores are already pretty high.

This has been causing me a good deal of confusion as I am not sure what to expect on the actual GMAT. Any insight on this issue is much appreciated.

Thanks!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:57 am
Hi Verne,

Our internal numbers indicate that our tests are representative, but the concensus on this board is that our tests run hard; in my experience, our scores have seemed a little low but definitely not by 50 points. But regardless, there is an easy solution. Take the official GMAT tests off MBA.com (required for you online course anyway!) and see if you score much differently. That might help you calibrate!

Eli
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage