JUST STARTING MY PREPARATION

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

JUST STARTING MY PREPARATION

by drdevious » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:12 am
Hi,

I am starting my preparation on Monday. My basics in Verbal and Quant are pretty weak because I'm out of touch. Haven't studied math since high school. Could someone recommend a book or books I should study to develop a solid base for math and verbal before I tackle GMAT questions.

I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks for your time.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by brianhoberg » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:24 am
A search would probably yield a lot of results, but here's the deal: If you're looking for a review before you begin prepping for the test, I'd suggest the Princeton Review Cracking the GMAT 2009 w/ DVD book for an overall refresh. The Kaplan GMAT Math Review is an excellent review for quantitative if you still have questions. Just my 2 cents.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by raju232007 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:20 am
Its my sincere advice that you start your prep with Official Guide,otherwise known as the bible for GMAT...As for basic math review you can go through some of your high school math books and you can also refer to Kaplan math review which has got some good quant stuff.The flashcards,which can be downloaded from this site can also be very helpful in refreshing your basic math fundas...

All the best! :)