Just got into Rotman!! (in the last rd, no less!)

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
The BTG forums were SO helpful for me so I think it's only fair that I return the favour! Some info about me to help you guys...
I am a caucasian male, 27 yrs old
Undergrad major: Marketing at the University of Ottawa
Been working for the last 4 years in a variety of marketing contract jobs for big companies like RBC.
GMAT Prep tools: MGMAT in-person 7 week class with instructor Tony Caldarone (plus the various course materials that came with)

I really cannot say enough good things about the MGMAT prep course and Tony as an instructor. AMAZINGNESS. I felt like the class gave me the game genie codes to being successful in the GMAT ;-) Ultimately on the GMAT I got a 650 (and 6.0 on AWA).

In terms of admissions essays for Rotman, I think having solid people review your essays for you is a huge advantage. In my case, one of my former profs from UofO, who a few times was on the UofO MBA admissions committee, reviewed my essays. I also had a friend who did his MBA at Western a few years ago review as well as another friend of mine who reviewed her boyfriend's essays for his (successful) admission into UC Berkley's MBA program. Their insight helped A TON.

If you guys have any additional questions, I would be more than happy to answer!

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:48 am
Hey congrats!!!!!! I know Rotman is one of the best (if not the best) in Canada! You had a very solid lineup of essay reviewers :D

Btw, a small gift from BTG: you can write a review for MGMAT and we'll send you a $10 gift card!