Just finished my gmat........very disappointed !!!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Just finished my GMAT this morning. Shame in telling my score its 470 :(

Maths:33
Verbal:21 :(

15 months ago I appeared for GMAT with only 1 week preparation scored 580.
This time I studied for 1 month full time leaving a high paying job in London in an Investment Bank. I am already a CA and qualified with a Big4 audit firm.
My practice scores were:
GMAT Prep(1): 680
GMAT Prep (2):620
Most of Kaplan tests :650
I studied OG (11), Kaplan Premium (for Maths) and Princeton (for Verbal).

Today I was struggling with science RC questions in GMAT. I am very nervous and very very sad. Cant believe its happened to me. I just cant believe. My average undergrad scores are also very good.
What could go wrong !!! I just cant believe - its mee.

I am planning to take again in next 3 months only after coaching. Do I stand a chance in any of the BSchools after my 3rd test, if I score well.?will it be a major negative on my application ? - 3 Exams with some pathetic scores?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Prasanna » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:51 pm
I dont think your third attempt will put you in a great disadvantage if you get a good score and are also able to weave a logical explanation as to why your scores were lower earlier. It depends on how you convince the school. I would suggest you concentrate on the exam for now and work on this issue when you submit your application. Lets cross the bridge when it comes :D
Wish you good luck
Prasanna

Learn more about me

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by D Terman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:56 am
I'm in a similar situation and will also be taking my GMAT for the 3rd time soon (August 18th) and from what I've seen online, most schools don't start looking at multiple GMATs negatively until after your 3rd shot so make sure this one counts.

Best of luck to you!

D Terman

Check out my struggle!

https://www.beatthegmat.com/bombed-the-g ... t8577.html