Is Kaplan 800 really a good benchmark?

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Is Kaplan 800 really a good benchmark?

by jbramet » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:51 am
Hello,

I was wondering about the overall level of the Kaplan 800 especially in the SC questions that I seem to handle pretty well?

Is it really what "tough" questions look like in the test?

Thank you,

JB

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by praneix » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:31 pm
not quite the best guide. i would say the best resource is the banned material that's in unofficial circulation. there r about 1000 sc questions in a file. as i say, it's from a banned source but is still in circulation. MODS...DON'T BAN ME. I would say that's more like the true resource of what the real tough questions r like.
kaplan 800 will help u with the concepts of course.

by ajit.yadav » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:13 am
from where to get this source

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by pJackson79 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:03 pm
I personally find that Kaplan 800 is much easier than the tough questions in the back of the OGs.

I honestly think it should be called Kaplan 650 since that seems more like the difficulty to me.

by 801 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:04 am
Hi,

I am runnning out of time in my preparation and I still want to do some practice with Kaplan 800/Advanced, especially with the verbal part.

I really hope that somebody can post a list of the most difficult verbal questions from the point of his own experience. It would really save me time, as everybody says that the book is not organized in an order of difficulty.

Thanks a lot!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:41 am
If you are looking for challenging SC questions, I agree you'd want to move beyond Kaplan. Have you done the OG and the Verbal OG already? Have you done the Powerpreps?

Also recommended is MGMAT SC. I'm a tutor for Grockit, and we offer a large question bank with SC questions. If you purchase our premium membership, you can create a custom game of only harder questions (16-32XP) and go through our entire question bank that way. You can also try a limited number of question for free.

The 1000SC is unreliable. You're better off going through the back-catalogue of Beat the GMAT SC articles. They are all written by tutors, focus on difficult concepts, and contain many examples of challenging questions. https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/category ... mat-verbal

Good luck!
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

by sameerballani » Sat May 28, 2011 7:42 am
hi vivian
what is powerprep. from where i can get it. i m done with og,verbal review, and kaplan premier. will also do kaplan 800. wat do u feel, how similar are kaplan tests to gmat. please guide
thanks