Is it worth to join any institute

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Is it worth to join any institute

by ankitrastogi82 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:31 am
Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum and an aspirant of GMAT which i am planning to give in Aug'07. Please tell me is it worth to join any coaching institute for a target of 750. Does it give any additional advantage other that OG, PR and kaplan's books. Here i want to clarify that I am from the country where english is not a native language and also I am not very good at quant and verbal.
With this is it worth for me to join any institutes..

Suggestions please. waitin for your fast replies.
-
Thanks
Ankit Rastogi

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:47 pm
A 750 score is the 98th percentile - that is, only 2% of the entire test population scores at or above that level. It is incredibly difficult to achieve such a score through self study. (It's incredibly difficult to achieve that score at all, let alone through self-study.)

As with any topic, there are huge advantages to studying with an expert vs. studying on your own. That doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't study on your own. But any given individual is likely to do better if s/he studies with someone who really knows how to teach the material.

Also, be aware, no school requires a 750 (they wouldn't have very many people to admit if they did). It's nice to have a high goal... but there's really no reason why anyone has to score 750+. (Unless you want to teach for us someday...)
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me