Is it worth to go for S.P. Jain Dubai Global MBA program ?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Rajeev Shah » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:53 am
I have a question though, aren't all companies multi-national these days. So how does it make any difference whether you intern in a Singapore based or Dubai based or XYZ based organization?

by Annirudh Roy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:59 am
That's a very valid point, but I think that it is not that one interns in a multi-national firm. The students are expected to intern in local companies that follow local business practices, the business deals and pitches are in line with local business etiquettes, the dynamics of various business come into play as well. I can sort of vouch for this because I am currently working in Singapore J. There are a lot of things that are quite specific to cultures and that go beyond multinationals.

by Rajeev Shah » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:02 am
That was quite detailed, thank you so much for your time! This will surely help me decide and choose from various colleges.

by rameshraj » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:35 am
Hi,
I am currently working with a marketing firm, but want to pursue further studies. While surfing the internet, I came across the courses offered by s p jain global. I am very keen on opting the GMBA course. I would want to know how the course will benefit and will it help me shape my career?

by rameshraj » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:36 am
Hi,
I am currently working with a marketing firm, but want to pursue further studies. While surfing the internet, I came across the courses offered by s p jain global. I am very keen on opting the GMBA course. I would want to know how the course will benefit and will it help me shape my career?

by jayeshadeo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:08 am
rameshraj wrote:Hi,

Hey,

From what I have heard from friends on various forums is that the GMBA course helps you polish your skills, knowledge and understanding about global business. You also get a chance to visit three different cities and study in a completely different setting each semester. This gives you great global exposure and a different learning environment as compared to courses offered by other universities.

by neeraj kak » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:23 am
jayeshadeo wrote:

Hey,

From what I have heard from friends on various forums is that the GMBA course helps you polish your skills, knowledge and understanding about global business. You also get a chance to visit three different cities and study in a completely different setting each semester. This gives you great global exposure and a different learning environment as compared to courses offered by other universities.
According to me the tri city model is the best for those who are okay leaving their city. Consider all the factors and then opt for the course. It is a very crucial decision.

by rishit » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:31 am
neeraj kak wrote:
jayeshadeo wrote:

Hey,

According to me the tri city model is the best for those who are okay leaving their city. Consider all the factors and then opt for the course. It is a very crucial decision.
Guys, I think this tri city model thing is a pretty cool concept. Imagine you get to visit a completely new city and Interaction with the fellow students. One of my friends took up this course and he mentioned that the faculty is very experienced and come from various backgrounds.

by reetkaur » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:38 am
rishit wrote:
neeraj kak wrote:
jayeshadeo wrote:

Hey,

Guys, I think this tri city model thing is a pretty cool concept. Imagine you get to visit a completely new city and Interaction with the fellow students. One of my friends took up this course and he mentioned that the faculty is very experienced and come from various backgrounds.
The GMBA Course proved to be very beneficial for me. I have seen a huge improvement in myself today from where I started. The tri city model really forces you to push yourself outside your comfort level and work on your real world skills. I am saying this based on what I went through over there. I learned to be completely independent as I was alone in a foreign city. I also got placed via campus recruitments. If you get an opportunity to study in this college you must go for it but of course I am a bit biased as it is my alma matter! Good luck to you J

by gmba_alum » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:22 pm
I am a recent year graduate from the same course. Given the fees and hardwork you put on the course the outcomes are not worth. The college has got no reputation among corporates in all the three cities as such, especially in Singapore and Sydney. Even in India nobody bothers if you have done Global MBA unless corporate relations team makes some good relationship, on which the college goes down under. Our batch and other batches too faced severe issues in placements and the behaviour of corporate relations team is really rude. They will stop responding to you after you finish the course and leave the campus unplaced. No doubt some of the faculties are world-class but at the end it's the platform the college can offer you in the corporate world which matters. I am here to give the right comments on what we faced as the batch, as well as other batches in the same course of time. My advice would be to get into some decent university abroad if you really want to study abroad rather than going for this. Lot of us felt that we took a hasty decision for pursuing international education with this college.

by aashayshah99 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:01 pm
I joined MGB program of SPJ and was part of pioneer batch in 2012. Since then i have been in singapore and came across lot of batches. Here is my review for SPJSGM.

https://www.spjainmgb.com/

SP Jain Global's Global MBA

by Ranvidra793 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:17 pm
I frankly am confused by this question. The SP Jain Global's Global MBA is a tri-city MBA course which is imparted over Singapore, Sydney and Dubai. So why have you mentioned Dubai specifically. That's actually the beauty of this course that it doesn't arm you with insights based on one geography or culture it takes you across three different ones making you a truly global citizen. Which in this day and age is truly vital. That is why SP Jain Global's graduates are employed in US, UK, India, Switzerland, Norway, Malaysia, Thailand and South Africa and not just in the Middle East, Australia and Singapore. Their average salaries are around $34500 and research suggests that they cherish a 6x increase in salaries in 6 years time. So, is it worth it, you bet it is. But, if you are looking for an MBA only in Dubai then I am sure there are other options.