Is it worth to go for S.P. Jain Dubai Global MBA program ?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by [email protected] » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Hey! That's a very nice question you have come up with. Many of us just fear with the faculty section of any college while the admission process is being done. Anyway coming back to your question my brother had studied last year from SP Jain college and he was extremely happy with the guidance that he recieved. Why don't you try and check it in the link given below: -https://www.spjain.org/faculty/index.asp

by [email protected] » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:01 pm
Hi I am an alumnus of S P Jain Global and let me tell you that during my admission even I had the same fear just like you. But trust me when I tell you this, all my fears went straight out of the window when I joined the college. The faculty is warm and welcoming and always helps you. Don't worry at all.

by arshu27 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:12 am
SP Jain placement record is a hogwash. The school is not as transparent as it looks and lots of details are hidden from prospective students. Please get in touch with the existing or earlier students to get the real picture of how the school runs. I know for a fact that the Placement committee in the middle east is terrible and have absolutely no connections.I know a couple of friends who have joined and they were completely shocked at the way it works. The singapore campus faculty is good. The Dubai campus is decent but the Australian campus faculty is terrible.This is the feedback from their own students. In terms of placement, the 'actual' numbers are bad. Not even close to what they disclose. And also they do not allow all students to sit for placements. Only the top few are allowed.Its not worth the time and fee it demands.

by EduMentor » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:19 pm
arshu27 wrote:SP Jain placement record is a hogwash. The school is not as transparent as it looks and lots of details are hidden from prospective students. Please get in touch with the existing or earlier students to get the real picture of how the school runs. I know for a fact that the Placement committee in the middle east is terrible and have absolutely no connections.I know a couple of friends who have joined and they were completely shocked at the way it works. The singapore campus faculty is good. The Dubai campus is decent but the Australian campus faculty is terrible.This is the feedback from their own students. In terms of placement, the 'actual' numbers are bad. Not even close to what they disclose. And also they do not allow all students to sit for placements. Only the top few are allowed.Its not worth the time and fee it demands.

Students must realize that there is no "armchair placement" in any B School and that placement is a "privelege" and not a "Right". In every batch, there are few students who are not helped by S P Jain or any other b-school (Not even IIM & ISB) for placement since they do not meet academic cut offs or do not complete their internships or have attendance issues. Business Education 2.0 module focuses on students employability, not only on successful completion of the program, but also enables them to perform and progress in their career. Students are given multiple opportunities to interview with great companies, which they convert successfully. S P Jain Global is very transparent in dealing with prospective students, who are also put in touch with Alumni groups to get appropriate feedback on campus life as well as placement. The Middle East is a land of many opportunities and S P Jain Global has been rated as the Number 1 B School in UAE by Nielsen in a survey of Employers.

Best Regards,
Ajit Iyer
Education Consultant
Edumentor

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by daisy1 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:33 am
Hey everyone, I have worked in Infosys as a junior sales manager for 1 year. I am planning to do my MGB from S P Jain School of Management and I am currently preparing for SPAT. I came across S P Jain School of global management many times on various forums and the reason that I decided to go for this course was that they were giving me a GMBA degree within 6 weeks. I just have to work for 2 more years after my MGB and then I can go back to S P Jain and gain a GMBA degree! I just hope I crack the SPJAT.
Last edited by daisy1 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

by ashishkumar12 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:36 am
Hey! I believe we had a conversation before on this very same forum! I have never heard about such a feature offered by any college. Pretty interesting. I might just take this college into consideration. :P Can you share the link with me where it is mentioned that you can get both these degrees?
Last edited by ashishkumar12 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by daisy1 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:39 am
Last edited by daisy1 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

by ashishkumar12 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:43 am
Thanks a lot daisy! and all the very best :)

by vashikha » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:03 am
I have recently got offer for GMBA IT, Is it worth to join. I have 4 years experience in Technical support in defence.. Fees is actually too much... Is placement sure for this program.. please help... Anyways i will join it in May..

by Rajeev Shah » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:26 am
Hello. I am a final year BCom student. I wanted to do MCom initially but now I scrapped that plan and am strongly inclined towards MBA. With several responsibilities I have on my plate, I NEED to make it large and I believe both of these college would turn out to be a strong support.  Now, with all the research that I did and ruling out several options, I want to stick to  S P Jain. I need an honest reply from all of you as to which college should I be choosing as my post grad college.

by Annirudh Roy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:34 am
Hey Rajeev, I can relate to you brother as I was at the same stage couple of years ago. And honestly, only a degree like MBA from a good college would take you to a safer place to survive in this era of tough cut throat competition. Don't know which S P Jain you are referring to, there is a SPJIMR in Mumbai and S P Jain Global in Dubai. About SPJIMR, its one of those colleges which provide you an MBA without any work experience. Once again, you need a really high score consistently including your aptitude test. S J Jain Global runs on the similar lines. You need minimum of 650+ score in GMAT to get into S P Jain. The only difference between the two is that S P Jain Global offers MGB course which is matching the proficiency of MBA.

by Rajeev Shah » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:39 am
Oh thank you so much for clearing the confusion. Basis what you said I just did a google search and realized that it has campuses in Sydney and Singapore as well. Would you have any idea about them? Also what is your take on the placement opportunities of both SPJIMR and S P Jain Global? When I was going through the website, I found this course called MGB which looked quite interesting. Are the placement opportunities of MGB as good as a regular MBA?  

by Annirudh Roy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:43 am
SPJIMR has excellent placement opportunities. The records say that they have 100% placement most of the times and average salary offered is of around 18L. S P Jain Global has slightly higher salaries as compared to SPJIMR, though I am not sure about the MGB program specifically. They do have salary figures and placements uploaded on their website, why don't you check it out there.

by Rajeev Shah » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:46 am
So are these courses conducted in each of the campuses? While I was looking at the website, I came across this tri-city model? Didn't quite understand how does studying across three cities help? Can you not sit and study in one place and do well?

by Annirudh Roy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:50 am
The point of three city model or as S P Jain calls it a tri-city model is basically that you study across three global business centers like Dubai, Singapore and Sydney. While you study there, you are also exposed to the cultural nuances of the place. You also intern in each of these global centers which sort of helps you to understand the local business practice.