Is GMAT the same as last year

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:690

Is GMAT the same as last year

by sidtiwari » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:51 am
Hi All,
I took the beast last year June 3rd and scored 690. Ever since then I have been keeping busy with other stuff in my life. now I want to train again and beat it for once and for all. Kindly pour in with your suggestions on the 2 months prep strategy and with changes that the test might have seen in the due course of time.

Thanks in anticipation

Sid

Community Manager
Followed by:252 members

by papgust » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:45 am
I took one in july '09 and another in Apr '10. I didn't see any change in quants.. But in verbal, i found SC's to be much more convoluted than before and CR passages a little too longer.
Download GMAT Math and CR questions with Solutions from Instructors and High-scorers:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/download-gma ... 59366.html

-----------

GO GREEN..! GO VEG..!

Daily Quote:
"Stop feeling sorry for the Butcher if you had to go Veg. The butcher can find another job but the poor animal cannot get back its life"

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:17 am
sidtiwari wrote:Hi All,
I took the beast last year June 3rd and scored 690. Ever since then I have been keeping busy with other stuff in my life. now I want to train again and beat it for once and for all. Kindly pour in with your suggestions on the 2 months prep strategy and with changes that the test might have seen in the due course of time.

Thanks in anticipation

Sid
I think the changes mentioned by papgust are probably just changes that he saw and not necessarily representative of changes in the test in general. In general the test changes very very little from year to year (next year being an exception). How did you study for the test the first time?
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:690

by sidtiwari » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:09 am
Hi Papgust adn Daniel....
Thanks for the interest in my post......
well as for last time I studied quant from various sources, and being an engineer I was good at it... though I scored only 49 as i got my first question wrong.....
I absolutely struggled in CR n RC..... I did OG 12 and and some powerscorebibble for CR...... though what killed my chances was lack of tests.. i took only 2 GMAT prep and 1 sample MGMAT.......

And then I was struggling to cope up with the consistency in the second half of the test.. my break up was Q49,V34..... i got 6 in AWA......
I think I am aspiring for Q51,V40+... that will push it beyond 750...... please suggest now

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:14 am
sidtiwari wrote:Hi Papgust adn Daniel....
Thanks for the interest in my post......
well as for last time I studied quant from various sources, and being an engineer I was good at it... though I scored only 49 as i got my first question wrong.....
I absolutely struggled in CR n RC..... I did OG 12 and and some powerscorebibble for CR...... though what killed my chances was lack of tests.. i took only 2 GMAT prep and 1 sample MGMAT.......

And then I was struggling to cope up with the consistency in the second half of the test.. my break up was Q49,V34..... i got 6 in AWA......
I think I am aspiring for Q51,V40+... that will push it beyond 750...... please suggest now
Nothing can beat practice when it comes to reading comprehension. I wrote an article about how to improve RC here

https://www.standardizedtests.org/conten ... on-gmatgre

Cheers!
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT