Is 690 enough to get into a good college......please help me

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
My name is Atishay. I am a student of pre-final year of undergraduate, and I got 690 in my GMAT exam. I wish to pursue MBA from any one of the top 20 business schools of the world. Is it possible for me to get through or do I need something else ? Following is my profile:

10th grade CBSE : 92.2%
12th grade CBSE : 93.4%
B.tech (till date): 83.6%
GMAT Score : 690

I have been an active student during my school and college. I have participated in many social and extra curricular activities. I have won awards in entrepreneurship events in regional institutions.

Please tell me what to do.

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:37 pm
First let's start with...

How many times have you taken it?
When are you looking to apply?
What are you looking to do after b-school?
What type of work experience will you have had?
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

by ATISHAY JAIN » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:45 am
This was my first attempt. Actually I appeared for GMAT through a scholarship given to me by a business school in India (Indian School of Business) when I cleared the first round of their admission process.

I will complete my undergraduate by next year. I am willing to apply to a b-school after that, i.e., next year.

I wish to work in a consultancy firm after completing my education at b-school. In a long run, I want to become an entrepreneur.

Unfortunately, I do not have any job experience, but I have worked otherwise. I have worked as a trainee in renowned Indian companies like ONGC(Oil and Natural Gas Corporation) and BHEL(Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited)

I have even worked as leader in many of my college societies, if that is counted as experience. I am currently the vice-chairperson of student branch of IEEE(an international society) of our college.

I would like you to suggest me whether this is enough? If not, then what should be my next step?

by ATISHAY JAIN » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:49 am
Sir, Thanks For your earlier reply.

I have been waiting for your reply. Will you please guide me through.