Improving score on the CAT - Please advise.

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hello -

I have been studying for GMAT for a month now and planning to appear for the test towards the end of July.

Though I score decent when I practice GMAT questions on paper, I find that I score very less when I practice questions on the computer. There are lapses of concentration and I do not see myself in the same vigour or using the same strategies as when I solve questions on paper.

I really need to tackle this problem. Would be happy to hear from experienced people in this forum. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help !

gmatbeater2007

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members
gmatbeater2007 wrote:Hello -

I have been studying for GMAT for a month now and planning to appear for the test towards the end of July.

Though I score decent when I practice GMAT questions on paper, I find that I score very less when I practice questions on the computer. There are lapses of concentration and I do not see myself in the same vigour or using the same strategies as when I solve questions on paper.

I really need to tackle this problem. Would be happy to hear from experienced people in this forum. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help !

gmatbeater2007
It takes some time to get used to the computer interface. The most practical advice I can give you is to take a lot of practice GMAT tests on the computer. It's the best way to feel really comfortable on the computer.

Additionally, I know that PR and Kaplan books usually come with a CD with some practice problems. Try taking a stab at doing some of those questions on the computer as well.

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school