I got a 5.5....

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:3 members

I got a 5.5....

by maxim730 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:51 am
I can't believe I got a 5.5!! I only practised writing the essay the day before the exam. While the Issue topic was essay, I had a hard time understanding the Argument topic. I didn't even have 5 paragraphs for Argument - only 4. I thought I would be getting a 3 or 4, I mean I did really bad on the main GMAT (540, taking it again next month)

I guess a good score makes me temporarily happy before I go back to studying for hell that is GMAT :wink: Please excuse me if getting 5.5+ is the norm now.. I haven't checked up on other people's scores!!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: I got a 5.5....

by beatthegmat » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:48 am
maxim730 wrote:I can't believe I got a 5.5!! I only practised writing the essay the day before the exam. While the Issue topic was essay, I had a hard time understanding the Argument topic. I didn't even have 5 paragraphs for Argument - only 4. I thought I would be getting a 3 or 4, I mean I did really bad on the main GMAT (540, taking it again next month)

I guess a good score makes me temporarily happy before I go back to studying for hell that is GMAT :wink: Please excuse me if getting 5.5+ is the norm now.. I haven't checked up on other people's scores!!!
Awesome work!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:07 pm
Nice! (And you don't have to have 5 paragraphs. I never write more than 4 for either essay and I score 6's.)
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Auzbee » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:45 pm
Hey Maxim, nice score. Congratulations.

I would appreciate if you can post a summary of your approach and strategies for AWA. It would benefit many folks.