How to ward off negative energy?

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:620

How to ward off negative energy?

by rangerguy2000 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:25 am
Hey, i'm in such a bad shape right now. I've been preparing for the biggest test of my life for like months on stretch now. GMAT has almost become my body, soul, spirit everything. It's like I've never known anything else. I feel prepared academically to go in and finish it off. But I've been taken over by so much negative energy especially since yesterday and my test is on Monday 24th august.

These last few days before are so important for me and I want to be in the best frame of mind with no negative thoughts in my head. And I know how much family support matters in that. What do you do if your surrounded by people who bear negative thoughts and don't understand you. I need help recomposing myself.
Last edited by rangerguy2000 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:720

by gmat_dest » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:46 am
Will Smith in Pursuit of Happiness:

"If you have a dream, go get it. Period".

Nobody can take your dream away. Goto the test centre as if nothing else matters in this world for you that day.

All the Best.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Re: How to ward off negative energy?

by OGMATTERS » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:03 pm
rangerguy2000 wrote: The problem is my elder brother. He is a completely irrational guy, doesn't believe in facts, spouts his mouth before he thinks. Not to mention he's in law enforcement. He's has been completely unsupportive since I started preparing. And on top of being completely unhelpful, he will say things like, MBA is bullshit, mba's don't know anything, MBA's just do it bcoz they just want to live in high towers. He calls me 3G generation, and will keep on ridiculing my prepartion and GMAT and MBA on the whole.
Your brother is an idiot. He secretly wants to sabotage you so you will not be more successful than him.

Speaking from experience, my tips for you to maintain energy during the exam is to bring two bananas and keep them in your locker for the breaks and make sure to get a drink of water. Additionally, don't be afraid to take a 30 seconds to one minute break to catch your breath and re-focus during the test.

GL on your exam and please let us all know how you did in a debrief.
Please use the underline and spoiler buttons when posting SC questions.