BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

How strict is Columbia Early Decision timeline?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by hmklinger » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:37 pm
Hello,

I have a question regarding CBS's ED timeline. I'm hoping you can point me to an article on the matter.

I applied to HBS, CBS and Yale SOM and got interviews for all three. I believe my interview with HBS and CBS went well, but I'm facing a dilemma.

CBS promises they'll let me know the decision by 11/18, and i'll have to weeks to decide. That means I'll have until 12/2 to make a decision and make a $6k deposit. Meanwhile, I won't hear from HBS until 12/11.

I prefer HBS, but CBS is a great option, and a clear second choice over my other schools. I'm worried that if I decline CBS, then HBS dings me, then I'll be stuck with Yale. Listen, this isn't a terrible option, but I'd prefer CBS.

I understand CBS's ED timeline is designed to force applicants to make a decision before HBS decisions are rendered because they know they can't compete with HBS and they're trying to increase their yield. I'm wondering...

How strict is Columbia Business School's ED deadline?

Secondly, if they're incredibly strict, and I have to decline by 12/2 (which I will). I might decide to ask them to move my application to Regular Decision instead of ED. Do you know if that's possible?

Thanks so much for your insight here!

--
Hans
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by MBAApply » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:13 pm
That's the whole reason for the ED -- to prevent folks from applying to HBS and Wharton (and now Booth), which are the schools they lose more students to than any other.

The deadline is strict. And chances are they won't move it to RD (or out of a bout of insecurity, they may even rescind your offer if they feel you're looking to go elsewhere).

What you need to do is to pay the $6K. If you get into HBS and decide to go there, then CBS keeps your $6K.
Join the discussion

by CriticalSquareMBA » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:16 pm
Alex is spot on. Also, you did make a gentleman's promise. They ask you sign on the application with honest intentions. Yes, you can walk away from you $6K (and others have done it in the past) but make sure you're ok with it. Also, if you're from a company that places a lot of students into MBA programs (e.g. consulting, banking, etc.) it could have potential ripple effects. No way of knowing the magnitude of them but it's possible.

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

Sign up for a free consultation today!

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!
Join the discussion

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:58 am
What you wish to do is your choice, but you should have complete information. I would not anticipate negative ripple effects if you walked away from the deposit as school admissions committees do not discuss this with one another.

Good luck and enjoy your weekend,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.
Join the discussion

by CriticalSquareMBA » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:56 am
Sorry, let me clarify. Michael is absolutely correct in that schools generally do not speak about applicants to other school. However, I was speaking specifically if you're coming from a company that has strong relationships with top MBA programs. Recruiters and Admissions Directors most definitely DO speak to one another. It's no different than if you got into an MBA program, took a job with a strategic employer, and then pulled out. That company would most assuredly tell you school. In a similar vein, it is likely a school would bring it up in passing to a company's representative that they had applicants pull out. If you're not sponsored, this is unlikely to have tangible impacts but just something to keep in mind.
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

Sign up for a free consultation today!

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!
Join the discussion