How do I install Question Pack 1 on Mac

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:59 am
utkalnayak wrote:Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your help. I have written to gmatprep email id that you have suggested, waiting to hear back from them. In the mean time I could borrow a windows laptop to work through the exam packs. In windows machine I found that with default resolution the control buttons on the screen such as Next, Pause (the buttons of the bottom panel) are not visible. After few futile attempts I changed the screen resolution to a lower one, which was not pretty to look at but I could work through. I also have a snapshot of how it looks on windows. If you guys could please look into this issue, many test takers would be benefited.

Thank you.
Thank you for this note. We are looking into this.

Jeremy
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by cc040488 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Dear Jeremy,

I have the same problem on my mac (running on OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.2).

I purchased the question pack 1 and exam pack 1 but I'm not able to activate neither of them.
Sorry, this is a little bit annoying. Please kindly provide a solution for this issue as soon as possible!

Thanks a lot for your kind help!

Best regards,

Cristian

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:49 pm
cc040488 wrote:Dear Jeremy,

I have the same problem on my mac (running on OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.2).

I purchased the question pack 1 and exam pack 1 but I'm not able to activate neither of them.
Sorry, this is a little bit annoying. Please kindly provide a solution for this issue as soon as possible!

Thanks a lot for your kind help!

Best regards,

Cristian
Hi Cristian,

Please email [email protected] for assistance on this issue. They will contact you and work through the issue with you. I will also reach out on my end to see if we can find a more general fix for your issue.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

by cc040488 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:04 pm
Hi Jeremy,

thanks a lot for your kind help!

If they find a solution then I will let you guys know.

Otherwise I will keep it simple and just use a windows computer!

Cheers,

Cristian

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:36 am
cc040488 wrote:Hi Jeremy,

thanks a lot for your kind help!

If they find a solution then I will let you guys know.

Otherwise I will keep it simple and just use a windows computer!

Cheers,

Cristian
Hello again,

If you are already working through a solution with our customer service team, please disregard, but if not, please send me your 18-digit Activation Code and 12-digit Installation ID to [email protected] or via direct message on this forum. To locate the Installation ID, please do the following:

1. On the GMATPrep homepage, please click Settings
2. Click Installed Content
3. Click the Activate chevron (do not enter activation code)
4. Click Telephone link
5. Access 12-digit Installation ID number

Once you provide this information, we can provide you with an unlock code to complete the activation process.

Please note: if your Installation ID is 0000-0000-0000, then this means your exam pack/question pack was not installed properly. Please un-install GMATPrep, restart your machine, and re-install GMATPrep. In order to successfully install the additional content, please ensure the GMATPrep application is closed, and then re-install the additional content by double clicking on the .gsp file.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

by adamennis » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:05 am
I had the same exact issue. Uninstalled all of the GMAT software as suggested and reinstalled it, problem solved.

by msalvatore » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:45 pm
greenious wrote:
greenious wrote:
Bibubo wrote:Never mind, I figured it out myself. When asked how to open the .gsp file, pick "choose application" and open through the free GMAT Prep software. Just a note for the GMAC representatives out there: this seems to be a 9-month old issue. It certainly wouldn't hurt to publish a separate set of instructions for Mac users.

Best
Hi Bibubo,

I have the same Mac OS version as you (10.9.2) and tried to do what you've suggested by opening the Exam Pack .gsp file with GMATPrep software, but somehow it was grayed out (see attached screenshot). Do you have any additional suggestion to open the file? Or can GMAT representative help me? I'm preparing for the test by the end of this month and need the practice tests urgently! Thanks!

Oops nevermind, I later realized there was a drop-down menu to open with "All Applications" instead of "Recommended Applications." I was able to install it successfully :). Leaving this here for anyone who had the same installation issue.

GMAT rep, please add instructions for Mac users! It can be frustrating when you are ready to take the practice exam but are having issues with the installation process.
^ This solved my problem (switching to 'All Applications'). GMAC guys - you should add this to your website. I was becoming extremely frustrated with this issue until I found this thread and read all the way to this point.

by uthum88 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi - I am getting the attached error message when i try to install the GMAT Prep software in my macbook.

I recently purchased both the gmat question pack and exam pack. The first time i installed my gmat prep software and opened the two packs, they worked.

As soon as i close the gmat prep application and reopen it, the two packs get wiped off and i am unable to activate it using the code also.

I then uninstall and reinstall the gmat prep software to fix this. However it happens once again when i close the application. Could you please provide a permanent fix for this.

Thanks
Muthu

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:10 am
uthum88 wrote:Image

Hi - I am getting the attached error message when i try to install the GMAT Prep software in my macbook.

I recently purchased both the gmat question pack and exam pack. The first time i installed my gmat prep software and opened the two packs, they worked.

As soon as i close the gmat prep application and reopen it, the two packs get wiped off and i am unable to activate it using the code also.

I then uninstall and reinstall the gmat prep software to fix this. However it happens once again when i close the application. Could you please provide a permanent fix for this.

Thanks
Muthu
Hello,

Could you please email us at [email protected] so we can schedule a remote session with you to work through the problem?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

by sbauer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:06 pm
adamennis wrote:I had the same exact issue. Uninstalled all of the GMAT software as suggested and reinstalled it, problem solved.
Worked for me as well!

by Allanhahaha » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:29 pm
Just figured out how to fix this issue without reinstall everything.

Do this:

1. Close and re-open your GMATPrep software;
2. Click on the "gear" icon at bottom left to go to settings page;
3. Under the "System Info" tab, you will find a "Licensing" section
4. If it says some service needed to be started, click on the button, type in your machine administer password;
5; Try activate the test pack again using the 18 digit key. it should work now.

Seems that the software needs some admin privilege to run a service, which is not available sometime and need you to manually activate it.

Hope that's helpful :)

-Allan Jiang

by Allanhahaha » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:30 pm
Just figured out how to fix this issue without reinstall everything.

Do this:

1. Close and re-open your GMATPrep software;
2. Click on the "gear" icon at bottom left to go to settings page;
3. Under the "System Info" tab, you will find a "Licensing" section
4. If it says some service needed to be started, click on the button, type in your machine administer password;
5; Try activate the test pack again using the 18 digit key. it should work now.

Seems that the software needs some admin privilege to run a service, which is not available sometime and need you to manually activate it.

Hope that's helpful :)

-Allan Jiang