HI, PLEASE EVALUATE MY CHANCES...

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

HI, PLEASE EVALUATE MY CHANCES...

by SUMMERR2008 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:43 pm
I'M 30 YEARS OLD. WITH 5 YEARS EXPERIENCES. 3 YEARS ACCOUNTING, 2 YEARS SALES. GPA: 3.36, GMAT 690. BUT I OBTAINED A DIPLOMA FIRST FROM A NOT WELL KNOWN COLLEGE FIRST AND THEN OBTAINED BUSINESS BACHELOR DEGREE FROM A VERY GOOD SCHOOL.

I'M CURRENTLY WORKING FOR A SMALL HEDGE FUND COMPANY AND I PUT MY GOAL AS A PORTFOLIO MANAGER IN THE FUTURE.

IS MY GOAL REALISTIC TO ADMINS? HOW MUCH IS MY CHANCE TO GET INTO EACH SCHOOL LISTED AS BELOW?1. ROSS, 2. NYU, 3. DUKE. 4. DARDEN 5. Carnegie Mellon (Tepper) 6. UCLA

ALSO, IS LAUCHED ADMIN CONSULTING SERVICE ON MAY 1ST, 2008?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:50 am
Applications consist of my components therefore it difficult to fully evaluate your chances based upon the profile you submitted. Your GMAT score is well within the range of the current class profiles of your listed schools however it is slightly below the mean. Therefore, the rest of your application will need to be very strong. Your work experience looks good. Be sure that your are able to clearly articulate your post MBA goals. Your GPA also helps. The fact that you performed well in business classes will be useful to the adcom. Your challenge will be to differentiate yourself from the other applicants because the pool is very competitive this year.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options