Help needed to improve the score

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Help needed to improve the score

by prateekduble » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:14 am
Hi All,
I need some advise/help to improve my score from ~620 to 700+. I have scheduled my GMAT for 20th Nov 2010. I finished PS & DS sections of OG11, I have also completed Kaplan Math Workbook (which I think was very very simple for me). Here's the summary of what I have done so far (basically in last one month):

Math:
Reviewed OG11 concepts, Kaplan Math Workbook concepts, Cracking the GMAT 2009 edition Math concepts
Solved PS/DS sections from OG11, Solved only advanced problems & practice sets from Kaplan Math Workbook, solved Cracking the GMAT math practice sets

Verbal:
Read RC strategy from Kaplan Verbal book, Solved RC practice tests from the same book.
Finished reading Powerscore CR bible (only important chapters), Finished problems from this book
Working on CR questions from OG11

Lined up: Manhattan SC guide & OG11 SC questions

I have 10 weeks and I would really appreciate if the forum can advise me on how to proceed now to achieve the target score of 700+. I realized that I need:

1. Topic based PS/DS questions (A LOT of them)
2. Thorough review of every single Math topic.
3. More verbal practice questions.

I have GMATPrep#1, 2, Kaplan#1,2,3,4, PowerPrep#1, 2, Manhattan Cat#1,2,3,4,5 But I am saving them for the end.

Please help me. Thanks.

- Prateek

GMAT Instructor
GMAT Score:770

by OliverTPR » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:27 pm
What is your typical score on each section, and which were you using for those scores?
Oliver Pope
GMAT Trainer
The Princeton Review

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by prateekduble » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:13 am
Hi OliverTPR,
My typical Q score was around ~44 and V was around ~31. I have given Gmat Prep CAT#2, Manhattan #1 & PowerPrep #1.