Hello Need help

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Hello Need help

by amolkk » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:22 am
I gave Power prep I (The old gmat prep) and was disheartened to get a 31 in Verbal :x .I thought i was doing quite ok in verbal and was expecting atleast a 38 (u see lot to do still in verbal).When i checked i found i had got about 11 wrong in verbal which i thought was decent enough to be around 37 38 atleast.For my mistakes there were 5 in RC and 3 each in CR and SC.I got my 3rd and 4 th wrong and around 4 more in first 16 but still would this mean so low in verbal.Somebody please advice what should be my approach I am planning to give Gmat in a months time (but cudnt get a date as yet all seem gone).I intend to atleast reach 40 in Verbal by this month end any suggestions please shoot

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Prasanna » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:11 am
The power prep tests like the actual GMAT behave the same way. The test is adaptive. The diff level of questions depends on your accuracy in answering the previous questions. The number of questions you get wrong will not determine the scores. I have got 41 in Verbal Power prep with 13 mistakes and I got the same 41 in powerprep once with 7 mistakes.

Check https://www.beatthegmat.com/wiki/doku.php which has lot of resources.

Moved the post to correct area

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:23 am
make sure you dont get consecutive wrong answers...

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by beny » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:16 pm
aim-wsc wrote:make sure you dont get consecutive wrong answers...
If he could do that, he might as well make sure that he doesn't get any wrong answers. :wink:

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Thanks

by amolkk » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:57 pm
jus a bit demoralised with that score . .so as mentioned in quite a few posts first few questions decides a lot..thanks for your inputs.Does anyone oy you have PowerSource Critical Reasoning notes?

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:04 pm
Just to clarify - the first few questions do NOT decide any more than the middle questions or the ones at the end. It's a myth that the earlier questions are worth more than the later ones.
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me