HEC Montreal MBA

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:620

HEC Montreal MBA

by rangerguy2000 » Wed May 26, 2010 7:34 pm
My GMAT 620, Q42, V 34.
I have over 10 years of work-ex in IT+Management. I just got accepted to HEC Montreal 1 yr intensive MBA. Seems like a good school, the tution fees isnt that hight either. what do guys think? shld i go or look for other options.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by T_mtl » Thu May 27, 2010 6:15 am
I have been debating between Schulich and HEC Montreal for a while now. You have probably noticed that had started a thread on this topic.

After much thought, I truly believe that choosing an MBA in Canada is all about where you want to work post-MBA. None of the schools in Canada have a fantastic international reputation and simply cannot compete with those in the U.S. So, if you want to work in Montreal afterward, then none of the other schools in Canada will provide you with better opportunities than HEC and Desautels. If you rather work in Ontario than Ivey and Rotman are the best options.

Since you have 10 years of experience, I would say that HEC, Queens or Ivey would be great one year programs for you. Concerning HEC, it does have a great reputation inside of Quebec. Most prefer HEC to McGill. No wonder McGill is changing their curriculum completely...

However and this is a BIG however, you should know or try to learn french. You will be very limited in your job options in Montreal if you cannot communicate in french.

T_mtl

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by lapraxiz » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:18 pm
I agree with T_mtl...choosing a MBA depends where u plan to work...for me HEC Montreal is a clear choice. Although its reputation outside Quebec is not as good as Rotman or Queens for what I have researched it is good enough to work wherever u want in Canada (of course ur job opportunities depend also in ur experience and skills!). Big plus is that it is a one year program and its quite cheap (great return of investment). Finally and this is a Big opportunity u get the chance to learn french! in an excitin city as Montreal.
Hope I c u guys in class!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:620

by rangerguy2000 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:23 pm
[quote="lapraxiz"]I agree with T_mtl...choosing a MBA depends where u plan to work...for me HEC Montreal is a clear choice. Although its reputation outside Quebec is not as good as Rotman or Queens for what I have researched it is good enough to work wherever u want in Canada (of course ur job opportunities depend also in ur experience and skills!). Big plus is that it is a one year program and its quite cheap (great return of investment). Finally and this is a Big opportunity u get the chance to learn french! in an excitin city as Montreal.
Hope I c u guys in class![/quote]

hey .. yeah im definetely going to HEC. hope to cu there. just wondering, u from montreal or?