HBS/Stanford/Yale Deferred Admit Chances

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

HBS/Stanford/Yale Deferred Admit Chances

by lukasi » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:17 pm
Hello All!
I am currently a senior at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (No. 1 Aviation University in the World) and I am looking at applying to the deferred mba admissions programs (2+2, Silver Scholars, etc.) to the three schools listed above. If you could give me feedback on my current chances and what I can improve on to be more competitive, that would be extremely helpful!

Biographical Info:
White
Male
LGBT

Academic:
Accelerated Bachelors program (4-year in 2.5 years)
Major: Aviation Business Administration
Minor: Mandarin Chinese
GPA 4.0
Honors Society Elected Treasurer and Member
Dean's List all 5 semesters
Concurrently worked 25+ hours a week as Department of Business Chair Assistant, and Student Union Desk Worker.
GMAT: 710
Study Abroad in Taiwan for Chinese Business

Work Experience:
Summer-Business Operations Internship at Boeing (Seattle,WA) [Offered Full-Time at Boeing after graduation.]
Summer-International Logistics and Communications Internship at an aviation marketing firm (Hong Kong, China)
Summer-Technology Development Internship at private company (Northern California)

Organizational Leadership:
American Association of Airport Executives Elected President (45 members)
Honors Society Elected Treasurer (145 members)
Pride Organization Vice President (Nonprofit Volunteering Org. centered on LGBT Issues)(25 Members)
Student Government Freshman Class Elected Treasurer

Volunteering:
150+ hours with LGBT activism groups and homeless youth supporters.
50+ hours with Honors Society Activities.

Affiliations:
Aviation Business Networking Club
Project Pengyou
Phi Beta Lambda
Sigma Chi
Honors Society
American Association of Airport Executives
Pride Organization
National Gay Pilots Association
Eagle Space Flight Team

Honors/Awards:
Presidential Scholarship
Dean's List
Graduation with 4.0 (Whatever that Latin name is)
Undergraduate Research Grant
Diversity Research Grant
Aviation Business Scholarships
Phi Beta Lambda State Competition (First in Macroeconomics, Second in Accounting Principles)

Other Qualifications:
Tri-lingual (English, Spanish, Mandarin)

Class A and B Journal Publications for different research projects [Quantitative and Qualitative Research]- Aircraft Variant Network Planning/Drone Use at Airports for Wildlife Mitigation

Multiple Conference Presentations on Research.

Multiple consulting projects (Risk Assessment for local firms, Costco distribution method analysis, Business Aviation company consulting)

Airport Management Short Course in Monterrey, CA.

Because I will be applying while I am a senior in college, I won't have many qualifications in the work experience category. Total full-time work experience at application time is around 1 year.

Thanks in advance!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:19 pm
honestly I am not as familiar with those programs as admissions for the traditional programs, but assuming they are seeking similar qualifications, and focusing on potential and maturity, then your credentials look decent. I also assume you are planning a career in the aviation industry, and are able to articulate how the MBA (at specific school) will enable you to get to your goals and so forth. Even if you are not successful in these programs now, I imagine that if you continue your progress in the commercial world, you will have good options among the top programs in a few years time. Sorry for not being more specific. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/