HBS 2+2(New)

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by energie » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:11 pm
it could be anywhere, and it doesn't need to be a job. You could start your own thing :)

by Rhetor » Mon May 11, 2009 1:24 am
How are you folks getting along with your essays?

I've done a couple, still have to do the "mistake" and "undergraduate" ones.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by OJS » Tue May 12, 2009 2:38 am
Completely done with the accomplishments and undergrad ones. I've written two different mistake ones, but both make me cringe when I read through them - clichés all around. Am also about halfway done with the career vision (by halfway done I mean in terms of time and effort - currently have way too many words).

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Gabriel Ignacio » Tue May 12, 2009 6:36 am
Hello guys,

I am also applying to 2+2 program this year. If you need help in constructing your essays maybe you can try out this book by Paul Bodine (https://www.amazon.com/Great-Application ... 0071452990). I am not marketing here. I am just sharing to you guys a valuable information on how craft essays that do not seek what adcoms "want to hear" but that show you who you are (i.e. your uniqueness, your strengths, your passions, and your skills). The book gives you a step by step detail on how to write a “business school application essay” from data-mining process to writing your final drafts. It also gives you an insight on how to go about the recommendation process. I haven't finished the book myself. I am banking on it to craft my application essays. I hope this information helps you guys.

By the way, I have a question for the 2+2 aspirants out there. When is the latest specific date (i.e. month / day /year) when a 2+2 applicant can take the GMAT and still make it to the application deadline of July 1? Is it possible to take the GMAT on June 29, get the unofficial results, and give a self-reported score of the GMAT? The official score will arrive very late though. Is a self-reported GMAT score enough to complete the 2+2 application?

I hope anyone out there can reply soon.

Thank you and God Bless,
Gabriel
Do the very best that you can and God will do the rest :)

Recommendations...

by trambilo » Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm
Hey guys...

I am kinda unsure about from whom I should get recos. I am going in to my 3rd summer on Wall Street but don't want to tell any of them that I am considering bschool. Are 2 academic recos ok? Maybe a community service?

btw I am glad this thread exists, finding info on this program is very difficult.

Here is my profile:
3.67 gpa
Economics major, French minor
Phi Beta Kappa
SGA
awesomeness (lol)
700 gmat
African American woman

by Gabriel Ignacio » Fri May 22, 2009 6:28 pm
Hi Trambilo,

IMO, I would suggest that you get one academic recommendation letter and another one from an internship or community involvement. In this way, you get to give 'adcoms' diversified testimonials from people who know you from many perspectives: academic and work experience or community involvement.

Best regards,
Gabriel

MBA Student
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmat740 » Sun May 24, 2009 12:27 am
By the way, I have a question for the 2+2 aspirants out there. When is the latest specific date (i.e. month / day /year) when a 2+2 applicant can take the GMAT and still make it to the application deadline of July 1? Is it possible to take the GMAT on June 29, get the unofficial results, and give a self-reported score of the GMAT? The official score will arrive very late though. Is a self-reported GMAT score enough to complete the 2+2 application?

You can have the self-reported GMAT Score,it would not be a problem if the AWA scores arrive after July 1.

I had the same confusion a few months ago and got it cleared by the HBS admissions Board.

Hope this Helps

toefl

by pulkit89.iit » Sun May 24, 2009 5:24 am
hi guys....
i had a doubt regarding toefl....

the 2+2 website says that one of the admission requirements is:

Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL IBT) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score from a test taken January 1, 2008 or later, is required for international applicants who attended a non-English-speaking undergraduate university

now i am not sure what non-English-speaking university means.....
do they mean the medium of education....or the mother tongue of the country....

i am studying in india....and i am not sure whether i have to give the toefl?

cheers

Followed by:1 members

Indian Applicants

by AppReview » Sun May 24, 2009 5:37 am
Contents deleted by moderator. Please do not interupt threads for advertising your services. This goes for everyone.
AppReview - Realizing your potential, transforming your dreams

A unique student collaborative venture - We are an eclectic mix of students having confirmed admission offers at Yale, Stanford, Cornell, Duke, Dartmouth, LSE, Cambridge, Imperial College, among others. Offering admissions consultancy options with the flexibility of choosing a custom mentor for all types of graduate and professional studies.

Follow us on Twitter | E-Mail: [email protected]

by Gabriel Ignacio » Sun May 24, 2009 7:28 am
Hi Pulkit89.iit

As far as I know, “non-English-speaking undergraduate university” possibly means that the medium of instruction in your undergraduate education is NOT English. You can know this based on what language your professors normally use in professional teaching atmosphere. You can also check whether your transcript is written in English or not. If it is not written in English, there is a possibility that your ugrad university is not English speaking. You may also check your registrars and ask them if your university is English speaking or not. I am not a 100% sure in the details I posted. You may contact [email protected] for more info.

Best regards,
Gabriel

by 2+2 » Sun May 24, 2009 1:55 pm
does anybody know if transcripts must be in English? My transcripts are in Spanish and I would like to know if I have to translete them.

Thanks!

by AppReview » Sun May 24, 2009 9:19 pm
Hi Guys,

I think our previous post did not conform to the guidelines of beatthegmat.com As we are new here, we are still learning. Apologies to the moderator.

As for our services, you can PM us and we could tell you more. Please find below a brief write up that should help you regarding admissions for the HBS 2+2 program.

1. This program is strictly for college students who have ATLEAST one semester left in college at the time of applying i.e. after July, 2009.

2. The entry to the program is primarily for young achievers, with a great potential to succeed ahead. As this is a unique program and is being offered at the best business school in the world, the competition is immense despite the program being new.

3. Our take on the entry requirements:
a. The most important factor here will be how much you have achieved outside of college. As an undergrad, your exposure to the professional world is limited. You should not bank upon internships to come across as solid work experience in terms of the reviewer's perception. They would impress them, but not substitute for lack of extra currics.
Harvard loves to take students who are leaders, contribute to the society, have future potential to carry on along the same lines and transforms themselves into better equipped and more competent individuals. Hence, you should be able to show great examples of leadership abilities and a lot of initiative taking.

b. A good GMAT/GRE score. We think a GMAT score above 700 and GRE scores above 1450-1480 should make you competitive. We would not advise students below these scores to have high hopes, but of course would not discourage you from applying. The GMAT is one of the many factors, and in case of the 2+2 it is secondary to your performance beyond the classroom.

However, it also depends on where you are from. For example: Indian candidates should typically apply with scores above 720 to be safer.

c. As of 2010, HBS requires international students to take TOEFL/IELTS before entering an MBA course. This is required of students who DID NOT take courses in English at their home institution. For example: Indian students ar exempt from this, as almost all institutes (atleast the ones from where students generally go to HBS) have English as their medium of teaching.
(https://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/blog. ... 2009-05-19)

d. A solid 'overall profile'. All in all, you should be competent with a general MBA applicant in the eyes of the reviewer. HBS has not set any fixed quota for applicants entering through the 2+2 program and thus only those who show sufficient competition would be eligible to enter. Hence, when you apply, you should evaluate your application in terms of how impressive it would be for, let's say the recruiting manager at Goldman Sachs, when he comes to recruit the class after graduation and you and a traditional MBA candidate are evaluated together.

If you have any further questions/need profile evaluations, please feel free to post below or PM us.

Hope this helps. All the best.

General HBS 2+2 FAQ
https://www.hbs.edu/mba/faq/#2plus2

A unique student collaborative venture - We are an eclectic mix of students having confirmed admission offers at Yale, Stanford, Cornell, Duke, Dartmouth, LSE, Cambridge, Imperial College, among others. Offering admissions consultancy options with the flexibility of choosing a custom mentor for all types of graduate and professional studies.

Answers to queries

by AppReview » Sun May 24, 2009 9:25 pm
Answers to some queries posted above:

1. @2+2: Your transcripts need to be in English. You would need to get them attested and translated from an approved translator (not approved by HBS, but approved in general according to your countries requirements.)

I am not sure about Spain (or wherever you are from, the language being Spanish), but in India, you are supposed to send both your original transcripts and your translated transcripts. Each translated page should have proper translations and a small signature/declaration by the translator that the above is a true translation of the original one.

Hope this helps. All the Best for your application.

2. @pulkit89.iit: You would not need to take the TOEFL exam, as IITs are very well recognized (gauging you go to IIT by your user name) and have English as their medium of instruction.

Hope this helps. All the best with your application.

thnks

by pulkit89.iit » Sun May 24, 2009 11:45 pm
thanks gabriel and appreview.

best
:)

Trasncripts

by akhilesh1988 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:22 am
I have not understood whats meant by transcripts. Please anyone throw light on this, with regards HBS 2+2