Has anybody tried throughMBA services ?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:6 members

Has anybody tried throughMBA services ?

by dhonu121 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:30 am
Hi,
I am thinking of using throughMBA services to apply to B-Schools.
If anybody has any experience about the kind of service that they offer and their success rate, kindly share it.
I'll be obliged.

Thanks in Advance.
If you've liked my post, let me know by pressing the thanks button.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by co_lor » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:25 am
Hey dhonu,

I have worked with Sid, who is the head of one of the ThroughMBA portfolios. Let me state before going any further that this review is unbiased and in no way influenced by any sort of advantage to me. I am purely reporting my unbiased opinions.

Response Time
-------------
Alex was very quick in his responsive. Sid was also very punctual in his turnover time. At first, I was informed that the minimum turnover time would be 6 hours(I was on a time crunch, so I needed such fast response, but they have normal turnover period.), and I was surprised. However, my concerns were assuaged when I found out that the quality lived up to my expectations.

Assurance and Accountability
----------------------------
Sid was very accountable. He offered me professional suggestions, and by the way Sid is an IIM C MBA holder, so he has good idea of the management arena.

Sid was very accommodating and worked hard to help me meet my deadline.

Essay Editing
-------------
When I submitted drafts of my essays, there were errors in content and meaning. Sid was kind enough to correct these errors and offered advice on presenting the content.

Overall Advice
--------------
As an applicant, I would share that ThroughMBA is very professional and would live up to your expectation. However, I would suggest that you as an applicant need to also put in equal effort to write good essays, and ensure that you work with the consultant to extract the best content. Many applicants throw all their weight on the consultant and assume that the applicant can relax - a notion to which you need to be cautious. So, since you got good advice, I would suggest you sign up with ThroughMBA and work hard with Sid to generate high quality essays.