HARD MATH

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

HARD MATH

by dbodger » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:22 pm
I know this has been asked before so I apologize ahead of time for the redundancy, BUT I need to know what math prep guides have the the hardest questions, question types likely to been seen on the actual gmat.

Most of what I have been studying and the practice tests I have been taking seen to have questions a lot easier than the actual test.

Thanks,
David

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by keeyu2 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:06 am
You can get the GMAT official Guide.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by dbodger » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:09 am
i have to the OG and the OG quant book. I had been studying them for 3-4 monthes prior to taking the exam. I found the actual exam questions significantly harder then the questions in both of those books.

Any other suggestions or advice?

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

Re: HARD MATH

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:41 pm
dbodger wrote:I know this has been asked before so I apologize ahead of time for the redundancy, BUT I need to know what math prep guides have the the hardest questions, question types likely to been seen on the actual gmat.

Most of what I have been studying and the practice tests I have been taking seen to have questions a lot easier than the actual test.

Thanks,
David
I think that GMAT Focus is a great investment: https://www.mba.com/mba/store/ProductInfo?SKU=1612829X
This is computer adaptive so, if you're already scoring high, then most of your questions will be challenging. My suggestion is to turn off the timer, and take your time so that you answer more questions correctly and, subsequently, receive the toughest questions.
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com