SC1.JPG
Miles to go before i sleep!!!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by abhasjha » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:39 pm
The fact of +noun+ verbing = incorrect

The fact +that + noun+ verb = better

That + noun + verb = best

option A - the fact of some paternal twins resembling = The fact of +noun+ verbing .hence incorrect .

credited response should be B.

now try a similar question from gprep

Elk now live almost solely in the Rocky Mountains, which would make it seem that elk are mountain dwellers, while they once ranged over virtually all of the continental United States except for a small strip in the extreme Southwest.

A. Elk now live almost solely in the Rocky Mountains, which would make it seem that elk are mountain dwellers, while

B. The fact that elk now live almost solely in the Rocky Mountains would make it seem that they are mountain dwellers, but

C. It would seem that elk would be mountain dwellers because of their living now solely almost in the Rocky Mountains, but still

D. Now living almost solely in the Rocky Mountains, it would seem that elk were mountain dwellers, although

E. It seems that elk would be mountain dwellers from the fact that they now live solely almost in the Rocky Mountains, since

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:04 am
The fact of some fraternal twins resembling each other greatly and others looking quite dissimilar
highlights an interesting and often overlooked feature of fraternal-twin pairs, namely they vary
considerably
on a spectrum of genetic relatedness.

A. The fact of some fraternal twins resembling each other greatly and others looking quite dissimilar
highlights an interesting and often overlooked feature of fraternal-twin pairs, namely they vary
considerably
B. That some fraternal twins resemble each other greatly while others look quite dissimilar
highlights an interesting and often overlooked feature of fraternal-twin pairs, namely that they
vary considerably
C. With some fraternal twins resembling each other greatly and others looking quite dissimilar, it
highlights an interesting and often overlooked feature of fraternal-twin pairs, namely
considerable variation
D. With some fraternal twins resembling each other greatly and others looking quite dissimilar, it is
a fact that highlights an interesting and often overlooked feature of fraternal-twin pairs, namely a
considerable variation
E. Because some fraternal twins resemble each other greatly and others look quite dissimilar, this
fact highlights an interesting and often overlooked feature of fraternal-twin pairs, namely they
vary considerably
A: The fact OF some fraternal twins
This phrase makes no sense.
Eliminate A.

In C and D, it lacks a clear antecedent.
Eliminate C and D.

E implies the following:
This fact highlights an interesting feature BECAUSE some fraternal twins resemble each other.
Not the intended meaning:
That some twins resemble each other does CAUSE the fact to highlight an interesting feature.
Eliminate E.

The correct answer is B.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3