GPA ISSUE

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GPA ISSUE

by sanchitsharma3 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:00 am
HI there

I am Sanchit Sharma from INDIA. I have finished my graduation in BBS ( Bachelor in Bushiness Studies ) from SHAHEED SUKHDEV COLLEGE OF BUSINESS STUDIES ( DELHI UNIVERSITY), The BEST under grad b-school in the country, but my issue is in such a competitive environment I have amassed 63% in my graduation (Highst was 75%). In my course there is percentage system not GPA so if i convert it to GPA its coming around 1, which I feel is not the correct indicator because the level of competition is tough and checking is strict.

Now please throw some light on how can I convey my case to universities?? and will they understand it?? also tell me is it better to do your graduation in easier courses from low level college to get good marks and good GPA???

please help

Thanking you in ADVANCE

WITH WARM REGARDS
SANCHIT

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members
GMAT Score:760

by harsh.champ » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:02 pm
sanchitsharma3 wrote:HI there

I am Sanchit Sharma from INDIA. I have finished my graduation in BBS ( Bachelor in Bushiness Studies ) from SHAHEED SUKHDEV COLLEGE OF BUSINESS STUDIES ( DELHI UNIVERSITY), The BEST under grad b-school in the country, but my issue is in such a competitive environment I have amassed 63% in my graduation (Highst was 75%). In my course there is percentage system not GPA so if i convert it to GPA its coming around 1, which I feel is not the correct indicator because the level of competition is tough and checking is strict.

Now please throw some light on how can I convey my case to universities?? and will they understand it?? also tell me is it better to do your graduation in easier courses from low level college to get good marks and good GPA???

please help

Thanking you in ADVANCE

WITH WARM REGARDS
SANCHIT
I guess you should look at the following links:-
https://www.scorechase.com/gmat/9898-gpa ... chart.html
https://blog.mymbaadmit.com/2009/12/14/g ... chart.aspx

Also,you can pay $150 and get ur conversion done from www.wes.org

Just bear n mind that some univ. have methods to convert GPA for different countries/colleges/course taken.
So, i guess 75% frm ur college would be equivalent to a gpa of 9.9

Hope it helps.
It takes time and effort to explain, so if my comment helped you please press Thanks button :)

Just because something is hard doesn't mean you shouldn't try,it means you should just try harder.

"Keep Walking" - Johnny Walker :P

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:1 members

by Monica Okrah » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:27 pm
Admissions officers are very familiar with the reputations and competitive environments of schools across the world, so you should not have to worry about them being able to understand/translate your grades. However, if your grades are weak, then you should try to build an "alternative transcript" (by taking finance, calculus, statistics courses) and by achieving a strong GMAT score.

Best of luck with the application process!
Monica Okrah, Senior Consultant
MBA Mission
646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insider’s Guides: www.mbamission.com/store.php
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php