Got into Stanford -- Advice on Summer Activities?

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hey all,

I'm going to Stanford this fall, and am wondering if anybody has recommendations for what to do in the months leading up to the program officially beginning. My job situation is pretty flexible, and I want to maximize my time before things really get underway. Any recommended books or activities from you guys who have already been through it? I just want to be fully prepared, and know that I maximized my time.

Any recommendations are strongly welcomed!

Thanks!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by johnperregaux » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:33 am
I'd recommend you do anything that you want to. I mean let's face it, you have just been accepted to the most selective, elite, MBA program. You've made it regardless of what you do from here on it. Just survive and you are literally golden and untouchable.

Congrats, but quit bragging :) ha ha

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:59 pm
Yea, I would recommend a vacation! I see more and more people are doing "pre-mba" internships, which honestly sound rough to me! There will be plenty of time for networking and internships during your two years, however getting some down time will be tough. Don't take it for granted, enjoy yourself now because you are about to be working your butt off!