GMATPrep Version

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

GMATPrep Version

by champwix » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:46 pm
Hi Rebecca,
In one of your earlier posts you mentioned that GMAT is releasing new version of Free GMATPrep software somewhere in Q1 2013. Is it released?
The current version I see 2.1.294; however, I do not have the old version# since I use the GMAT Question Pack 1.
If the new version is released, I will like to know the changes; specifically, whether the new version will have Prep test questions different than those of the tests in current version.

Thank you !!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:59 am
Want to ping this post as I am curious to know any information about the new software.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:43 am
Good timing on that question! We are hoping to release within the next few days. I will post here as soon as we announce the release.

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rebeccaloades » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:21 am
Good morning and greetings.

Your ping and post are very timely as I'm very pleased to tell you that we have (literally) just released GMATPrep v2.2.306. The free practice questions are the same, as are the two full-length practice exams, but we have introduced some new features we believe will help people prepare.

In GMATPrep v2.2.306 you'll be able to:
» Review your responses to practice exams and practice question sessions
» Pause a practice exam or question session
» Gain insight into pacing with new timer tools, available when answering practice questions
» Specify exactly how many questions of each type and difficulty level you want to answer when they opt to create your own question set (the More options button)
» Receive your IR percentile ranking
» Have Reading Comprehension questions grouped by passage wherever possible
» Generate system information at the click of button should you require customer support

We've also laid the groundwork for the future release of exam packs (Q3 2013).

Please do share comments and suggestions - many of the features above were identified by those preparing for their GMAT exam and feedback is welcome.

Cheers,
Rebecca

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:59 am
Awesome! Thanks for the update. Do you know how many new CAT exams will be released this fall?
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by champwix » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:20 pm
Indeed, a co-incidence !! :) Thank you so much Rebecca & GMAT team !!
I do see some cool features on the new version with regards to the question sessions, but I will have to take prep CAT exam as well to comment more.

As of now, I have Question Pack 1. Is there anyway to upgrade this Question Pack 1 bank?

Since I am exhausted with the prep CATs taking several resets, I was specifically looking for the new CAT exams on the new version of GMAT Prep. Since the CAT exams will be released in Q3, I will unfortunately miss them as I will finish my prep by 15th April. :)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by psr3458 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:50 am
Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your update about the latest version of GMATPrep. I have downloaded it and installed on my Windows 7 laptop. When I had entered my mba.com site email user id and password, unknown error screen is appearing.I had uninstalled the file, restarted the machine, then installed the GMATPrep again. But, the same screen is showing up again.

I'm able to log in to the mba.com sit with my email id and password.

Please see the attached image.

Can you please look in to this issue?

Thanks.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by shreerajp99 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:31 am
Good to hear about the new version.Will the testing algorithm remain the same?Also,in practice tests there aren't any new questions,right?

Thanks,
Shreeraj

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:38 am
There are no changes to the scoring algorithm in the GMAT exam or in GMATPrep. The update adds some new features and resolves some bugs, but does not contain any new test questions or practice exams. Thanks for checking!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!