GMAT score for other than mba

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT score for other than mba

by Lares » Mon May 30, 2011 8:21 am
Hi,

I am coming back to this site after a long time.I had given my gmat right after college and received a score of 710 (Q51 ,V35) and the AWA score was 3.5 .Although I gave my gmat I didn't want to do my mba at that time so i had decided to go for a job that i found interesting .Ironically i am really interested in what i am doing right now and would like to pursue a career in the current domain itself.I am working in the software field in the mobility domain and have 2 yrs of experience.Can someone suggest some nice colleges that accept gmat score for technical courses or courses related to the domain i mentioned above.I am looking for a course that would help me advance in what i am doing and would add to my profile.

Thanks

P.S :
I don't know whether this is right place to ask this question but i couldn't find any other section which made sense for me to ask this question.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:28 members

by sivaelectric » Mon May 30, 2011 8:51 pm
My opinion is that GMAT is not for other programs. Its only for MBA. You can write GRE if you are planning for an MS or courses in your field. :)
If I am wrong correct me :), If my post helped let me know by clicking the Thanks button ;).

Chitra Sivasankar Arunagiri

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:710

by etnry » Mon May 30, 2011 11:37 pm
Good Question.I am also interested in knowing about the same.Can GMAT scores be used in some good colleges for programs that are related to software domain.If yes I would like to know what are the courses and where these colleges are.I would be excellent if some experts could shed some light on this as nobody else really has an idea on this.

Followed by:28 members

by sivaelectric » Tue May 31, 2011 12:59 am
Hey guys try posting in Ask an MBA consultant https://www.beatthegmat.com/ask-an-mba-a ... t-f40.html :)
If I am wrong correct me :), If my post helped let me know by clicking the Thanks button ;).

Chitra Sivasankar Arunagiri

Followed by:5 members

by MBA.Aspirant » Tue May 31, 2011 3:09 am
GMAT is for MBA, MSc in Finance, Masters in Management.

For software-related, GRE General Test and/or GRE Subject Test Computer Science