GMAT Score 530 (Q37 V25) - need new study plan!

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GMAT Score 530 (Q37 V25) - need new study plan!

by KAS1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:44 pm
I took the GMAT today and got a dismal 530 (Q37 V25). I'm very surprised at low my verbal score. During the test I seriously felt rushed. I freaked out a few minutes when I saw how fast the time was going. I am planning on retaking the exam in 1 month because that is the soonest I can take it. I don't want to lose momentum and drag this out any longer than it needs to. Also the material is still fresh in my mind, so it's best that I get the GMAT over with sooner rather than later.

I have MGMAT's study guides and 3 offical guides. I went through all of those books before this test. I will obviously go through all of the books again, but I am thinking about purchasing MGMAT's 6 practice tests. I believe that should help me with the timing.

If you were in my shoes, how would you study to break 700? There are plenty of people on the forum who've done exceptionally well after their first disasterous score, so I am very hopeful. I am definitely willing to put in the required time and effort because I am serious about going to business school. Could someone please share some studying strategies with me?

Thanks!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:20 members
GMAT Score:730

by penguinfoot » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:51 am
Hello KAS1,

If you have a target score, and you are sure you can get to that score in a GMAT exam in a month - go for it. I wish you all the best.

Manhattan GMAT CATs are considered the best CATs among all other CATs. Second to GMATprep Software (Since it is published by GMAC - the creators of GMAT). It is worth the cost of taking it.

Regards,
Penguinfoot
"Hakunamatata" - No Worries.
Alma Mater: Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
Like my Post ? You can thank me now!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by KAS1 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:53 pm
Thanks Penguinfoot, I will get the MGMAT practice tests. I need more practice for sure.