Gmat Prep vs. Veritas questions bank

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members

Gmat Prep vs. Veritas questions bank

by metallicafan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:59 pm
Hi folks,

I used the questions bank of the Gmat Prep, including the set they sell on line, and my results in Critical Reasoning were great. Almost perfect and on time!, including the hard questions. :)

Now, I am using the questions bank of Veritas, but I find the CR questions more difficult than those in the GMATPrep (notice the parallelism ;) ).
Is just me?, or are they more difficult really?, With these new questions, I am not as effective as with the gmat prep questions. :s

What should I do? Practice more Veritas questions? Really, I am almost ready to take the test, and I don't want to spend more time studying. I want to focus on my essays.

Thanks!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:54 am
The questions in the Veritas prep question bank are being tested and edited all of the time. That is one of the great things about the question bank is the feedback that we get.

I will give you two reasons not to worry.

1) Some of the questions in the question bank are just harder. There are questions that very few people get right. I faced a Quant question once that 8% of people have gotten right and the average time spent on the question was like 20 minutes. That is tougher than anything on the official test. There are some verbal questions that are the same way - really tough.

2) Some questions need just a word or two of editing. It is amazing on verbal how one or two words can make the difference in a question that is clear and fair and one that is harder. As I said we are always editing and improving our questions and soon they will be edited as well as the GMAT Prep. For now I would say that they are pretty darn good.

So don't look at this as you not being ready. If you did that well on the GMATPrep that certainly gives you the green light to take the test. Just learn from your mistakes and as long as the Veritas questions did not point out some consistent problem that you have then you will be fine.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ethanhunt007 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:27 pm
It appears that things haven't improved much in 3 years. My record with CR in official questions and official GMAT Prep is much better than with Veritas Question Bank and Veritas Tests. While, I score good in OG Questions and GMAT Prep tests in CR while I score miserably in Veritas Question Bank and Veritas Prep tests.

I actually was searching for the reviews of Veritas Question bank to find something on similar lines as posted by the questioner here and I must say I feel somewhat relieved now.

I am also planning to give the GMAT in a couple of days from now.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by agodre » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:58 am
I totally agree. Veritas Prep question bank seems a lot harder for Verbal than GMAT PREP and GMAT OG questions