GMAT Prep Software

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT Prep Software

by lsommer28 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:31 am
I was wondering if anyone knows how the GMAT prep software works? I have only taken each practice test once but I am wondering if, depending on how I do, am I going to see different questions or just the same questions in a different order? I know it says if a CAT but does this software actually have a bank it draws the questions from? Does GMAC ever up date this software or have the questions been the same for the past 3 years? Thanks in advance!!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:710

by dmf5238 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:13 pm
The more times you retake the tests, the more likely it is that you're going to see duplicate questions. However, this seems to only become an issue after taking the tests numerous times. If you take each test 2-3 times, it is unlikely that you'll see a significant number of repeat questions.

As far as I'm aware, they do update the software periodically with "new" questions that they are retiring from the exam, but I don't think they replace the entire question bank. That is, each update might add some questions, but the majority remain the same.