00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

Sammy: For my arthritis, I am going to try my aunt's diet: large amounts of wheat germ and garlic. She was able to move more easily right after she started that diet.

Pat: When my brother began that diet, his arthritis got worse. But he has been doing much better since he stopped eating vegetables in the nightshade family, such as tomatoes and peppers.

Which of the following, if true, would provide a basis for explaining the fact that Sammy's aunt and Pat's brother had contrasting experiences with the same diet?

A. A change in diet, regardless of the nature of the change, frequently brings temporary relief from arthritis symptoms.

B. The compounds in garlic that can lessen the symptoms of arthritis are also present in tomatoes and peppers.

C. Arthritis is a chronic condition whose symptoms improve and worsen from time to time without regard to diet.

D. In general, men are more likely to have their arthritis symptoms alleviated by avoiding vegetables in the nightshade family than are women.

E. People who are closely related are more likely to experience the same result from adopting a particular diet than are people who are unrelated.

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by deloitte247 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Timer

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

Option A - INCORRECT.
This statement is possibly true but not in all cases, therefore it is not really a reason to be considered when assuming in the case of sammy's aunt and pat contrasting experience.

Option B - INCORRECT.
If the content in garlic that lessen the symptoms of arthritis is present in tomatoes and peppers then it won't have worsen the case of Pat's brother.

Option C - INCORRECT.
This statement maybe true but still not convincing enough to why sammy's aunt and pat's brother contrasting symptom are different. Although Arthritis is a chronic condition whose condition improves or worsen from time to time regardless of diet.

Option D - INCORRECT.
Eating vegetable at the nightshade family is not the reason why men arthritis are more likely to worsen than in women.

Option E - CORRECT.
This option has proven the reason why sammy can try his aunt diet and feel relived than in pat's brothers case. Arthritis can be hereditary sometimes that is why sammy and his aunt can work on the same medication and diet and still achieve same result. But in the case of pat's brother, it might not be hereditary and a different medication maybe needed alongside his diet will be reviewed for an effective result. That is more reason why there is a contrasting experience between the both of them.

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by RBBmba@2014 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:50 am

Timer

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

Hi Verbal Experts,
Can you please share your analysis on [spoiler]Option C & D[/spoiler] ?

Don't really understand why OA is preferred to Option D ? It seems Option D is pretty close!