GMAT in 2 days : Need some boosting!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT in 2 days : Need some boosting!

by ennifar » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:35 pm
Well I've been preparing for the GMAT quite intesively for the past weeks, using various material taken online and PR as well as Kaplan 800. For the practice tests, my first score was 480, then 650 and recently 640 twice.. My target was higher than that and I feel I'm loosing my concentration as I it seems more and more unreacheable to reach my target (670 at least). I've unfortunately discovered this forum only in the past few days but it seems that it has helped many go to the test with more confidence and succeed... so could anyone give me some last day advice and enventually a good luck :-)?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:39 pm
My final-day advice to you: relax! Trust the great prep and hard work that you've done, and don't touch a book for your final day. Get your mind rested and go into that test with a kick-butt attitude!

Good luck! Please let us know how it goes...
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by nimish_rulz » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:12 pm
Listen to the Boss(I meant Eric), and Good Luck You will do well, Try watching a movie that motivates you, such as The Pursuit Of Happiness as it is very inspiring or any other motivational movie. Alternatively you can do anything that completely relaxes your mind. When I am stressed I watch a lot of funny videos as it really helps to relax and my mind gets fresh.
Past is: Behind Me---Future is: Secure---Present is: An Aim To Crack The GMAT. So I say lets do it!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:50 pm
nimish_rulz wrote:Listen to the Boss(I meant Eric), and Good Luck You will do well, Try watching a movie that motivates you, such as The Pursuit Of Happiness as it is very inspiring or any other motivational movie. Alternatively you can do anything that completely relaxes your mind. When I am stressed I watch a lot of funny videos as it really helps to relax and my mind gets fresh.
I like nimish_rulz' suggestion of watching a movie. Inspirational movies are great, but I also recommend mind-numbingly stupid and funny movies--one of my favorites, Revenge of the Nerds!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by ennifar » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:57 pm
Wow :D , thanks for this great advice and motivating replies!! I really need it.. just was losing all confidence for the exam and stressing so much! :shock: And to be honest, I wanted to retake another practice test and study even more intensively the last day but you're right, that'll probably make me feel even more anxious...

Will follow your advice, relax and if it goes well then celebrate , if not , just work harder and re-take the test!!

Thanks guys... will keep you posted in any case!!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by black_cat » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:46 am
ennifar, my test is on Thursday, so I'm in the same boat with you. I did one last practice test this past weekend and scored a 610. I hope to do a little better than that on the actual exam, but I'd be happy with anything in the 600s. At this point I am done studying. I'm going to try to relax the next two days and then hit the test hard at 8:00 a.m. Thursday morning.

By now you've learned everything you need to know. It's all about mental preparedness from here on out. Be realistically confident and then kick the GMAT's butt!! GOOD LUCK!!

by ennifar » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:39 am
Black_Cat,THANKS! And best of luck to you too!!
I have the test at 8:00 am as well! Keep me posted on how it goes and Relaxxxxxxx !
Julia