GMAt focus/ MGAT/ Kaplan practice tests - comparisons

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I have bought the GMAT focus tests from the GMAT website. How do these compare to the manhattan gmat and kaplan. I just did a mgmat test and scored a 580, my target is 680 and taking the test in 12 days. I have about 6 more practice tests from GMAT.com, one gmat prep, 4 more kaplan and mgmat tests left to practice and i have taken annual leave from work to do all of these.

I also bought all 8 mgmat books which i have gone through now and am just kicking off all the practice ones. I have the OG12 too which i will be using along side these practice tests.

Has anyone a comparison on them? I have read boards that say MGmat is the toughest.

Any thoughts would help.

Cheers

Community Manager
Followed by:252 members

by papgust » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:02 pm
freebarbeque wrote:Hi,

I have bought the GMAT focus tests from the GMAT website. How do these compare to the manhattan gmat and kaplan. I just did a mgmat test and scored a 580, my target is 680 and taking the test in 12 days. I have about 6 more practice tests from GMAT.com, one gmat prep, 4 more kaplan and mgmat tests left to practice and i have taken annual leave from work to do all of these.

I also bought all 8 mgmat books which i have gone through now and am just kicking off all the practice ones. I have the OG12 too which i will be using along side these practice tests.

Has anyone a comparison on them? I have read boards that say MGmat is the toughest.

Any thoughts would help.

Cheers
GMAT Focus comes from the official test makers whereas Manhattan GMAT/Kaplan are not. MGMAT guides are really good for their strategies and practice tests. Their quants are way too tougher than actual GMAT but they train you really hard to face any kind of question in GMAT.

Bottomline is - Stick to official guides (OG12, GMAT Focus, GMAT Prep) as much as possible and supplement your strategies and extra practice with MGMAT/Kaplan.

I hope this answers your query.
Download GMAT Math and CR questions with Solutions from Instructors and High-scorers:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/download-gma ... 59366.html

-----------

GO GREEN..! GO VEG..!

Daily Quote:
"Stop feeling sorry for the Butcher if you had to go Veg. The butcher can find another job but the poor animal cannot get back its life"

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by freebarbeque » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:27 am
Thanks. I have noticed they are very tough. I scored a 650 on GMAt prep last night so ill hit the OG12 this week. Appreciate the response.