GMAT express: How to prep in 3 weeks

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:760

GMAT express: How to prep in 3 weeks

by markoelkabir » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:40 pm
Dear all,

I just started studying for the GMAT yesterday and have 22 days left before exam day! I scored barely above average on the OG diagnostic test, so I'm stressed out as hell. Can anyone give me advice on how I should focus my efforts??

Thanks a bunch!

markoelkabir

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by gmatpill » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:13 pm
Hi markoelkabir,
We specifically designed a program targeted for 1 month. Feel free to take a look.

In short, the 3 pronged approach we recommend is:
1) GMAT Prep software
2) GMAT Pill videos
3) OG questions

That's it!

How to Prepare for GMAT in 1 Month

Day 1: Download the GMAT Prep Software from MBA.com and take a test to become familiar with the directions/logistics and identify where you need help most.
Days 2-6: Log in to GMAT Pill. Watch and absorb the efficient thought processes and concepts for your weakest section (e.g. Sentence Correction). Spend at least 3 solid straight hours on Day 2.
Days 7-12: Log in to GMAT Pill and go through your next weakest section.
Days 12-15: Start your 3rd weakest area (e.g., Data Sufficiency)
Days 16-19: Start your 4th weakest area while also doing practice problems for other sections that already covered.
Days 20-22: Retake the same exam that you took on Day 1 with the mentality that you should get everything correct (after all, you've seen the questions before!)
Days 23-24: Review any questions that you got wrong.
Day 25: Relax. Mentally prepare for the set of practice exams on the Official Guide you are about to take. Review videos in the GMAT Pill.
Days 26-31: Take practice exams in the Official Guide. At least one full day on a weekend should be dedicated to simulating exam conditions. If your exam begins at 9am, make sure you practice waking up at 7am and going through your pre-exam routine. Control your nerves and get psyched.
Days 32-33: Exam Day
Feeling extra ambitious? A few of our students have already mimicked Zeke's rigorous 2 week study plan and all of them scored 700+ using the GMAT Pill Study Method. You can too![/img]

https://www.gmatpill.com/the-gmat-pill-m ... tudy-plan/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:760

by markoelkabir » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:00 pm
Thanks! It seems like a pricey solution though; is there cheaper but equally efficient way?

cheers

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by gmatpill » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:30 pm
markoelkabir wrote:Thanks! It seems like a pricey solution though; is there cheaper but equally efficient way?

cheers
Markoelkabir,
Yes. If you can identify which specific sections you would like help with the most, you can specifically enroll in those pill sections. This may be a cost effective approach that you may suit your financial needs. Details on how to do this are on the actual signup page.
Let me know if you have further questions.