Gmat exam in the evening

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Gmat exam in the evening

by prince_nsa » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 pm
Hi all,

how would it be to take the test in the evening at 6, when compared to morning?

I have only 6PM slot left for my convenient date, do i need to wait till i get a morning slot or go ahead with current one.

Does anyone has taken it in the evening, if so please let me know your experience.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by atb135 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:41 pm
I too have booked my final test date on 29th Sep at 5pm. Need help if it is ideal to change it from wat has been booked.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by driekus » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:11 am
Im no expert here but I would think it would be dependent on your personal preferences.
Some people perform well in the evening and others in the morning.
I tried practice GMATs at various times and have always found 9am to be my best time. Other people I know do much better later in the day and are tired and sluggish at 9am.
You could try a practice test at 5pm and see how you compare to your earlier times.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:34 pm
prince_nsa wrote:Hi all,

I have only 6PM slot left for my convenient date, do i need to wait till i get a morning slot or go ahead with current one.

Does anyone has taken it in the evening, if so please let me know your experience.
It depends on you. Are you a night person? Are you tired by around 9P.M? Because if you are tired by this time its going to be hard to concentrate. However, if you still have time before your test you can change your sleeping schedule to make yourself able to concentrate better at night by going to sleep later.
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:35 pm
prince_nsa wrote:Hi all,

It should also be noted that time slots often open up at the last minute because people post-pone their tests
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:730

by ballubalraj » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:40 pm
As everyone says, it depends on you. BUT, in my opinion, it is very important to check whether that time slot is suitable for you? The test will last for nealry 4 hours and it is very difficult to concentrate towards the end. Hence, 5 and 6 pm slots coud be dangerous until you are absolutely sure that you are fine with the timing. Better give couple of mock test during evenings and see the results yourselves.