GMAT -640 TOEFL -due on feb 14th; what are my prospects?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:640
Hi , this is akash from mumbai, india. I gave my GMAT for the 1st time on january 14th and got a score of 640. TOEFL is to be given on 14th feb.. ahh yh valentines day lol! my work ex is of abt 18 months.. should be 24 mnths by the time i reach the uni. I also will be completing my master of commerce degree by april.. so umm.. if i apply for this 2009-fall sem , which could be the universities i should look out for?? would i get into top-50 universities in USA??
btw my break up is 37 Quant and 41 verbal (92%)
i was surprised at my quant score (probably i was edgy during the test) since i have been very good in math esp in school(83/100) and 12th (89/100)

I have worked as an Equity Advisor for HNI and Business Associates for a reputed financial services company

I wish to do an MBA to get into investment banking mostly into private equity

I have certificates in capital market , derivatives etc and computer programming also.

I have always been getting a score of around 60-65/100 in all my exams while pursuing my under-grad bachelor degree while in my 12th got a 76.5% and 83/100 in 10th

Im also looking for a job ..something like an assistantship and a tution waiver or something of that sort is it possible?

im pretty nervous about this .. pls help!