GISMA Buiness School

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GISMA Buiness School

by Sanjai » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:27 am
Hi,

I have an admit from GISMA Business School, Hannover, Germany. I am also expecting a call from Alberta Business School, Canada and SMU (Sobey School of Business), Canada.

Do you think I should be taking up this offer from GISMA?

Secondly with the current economic situation in the world, is it better to go to a school that offers a 11 month accelerated MBA course or a more relaxed 16 month course?

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjai.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:36 pm
Dear Sanjai,

The answers to your questions are "it depends". It depends on you and what your goals are post-MBA. You need to determine what you seek in a program and then measure these schools against that list. Likewise, you need to think about your personal situation and what you can afford in terms of an investment of your time. Finally, you should consider your post-MBA career goals and which school is the best avenue to achieve those goals.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Sanjai » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:29 pm
Thank you so much for the reply Lisa...

I am interested in pursuing a general MBA and looking for analyst sort of role in an Oil & Gas firm post MBA. That is to say...the short term goal. On a long term basis I see myself growing up the corporate ladder into a role of a strategic leadership.

I dont have any qualms about time in a b-school. I am keeping my options open for either an accelerated course or for a 2 year course. Was just a little concerned about the job scenario outside.

Now as i see it both GISMA and the b-schools in Canada (SMU and Alberta) have competitive programs tailor made to my needs.

I'd be grateful if you could advise me as to which course i should be looking out for considering the information above.