General question about the schedule

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

General question about the schedule

by hellokiwi » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:43 pm
I'm lagging a little behind on my days...actually quite a bit since there are a lot of materials to cover in one day. I am overwhelmed with the amount of materials required out of each day, and I am only on day 5! I doubt I'll finish the 60day plan in 60 days. That would be mission impossible (definitely difficult to do since my study time starts after 9pm, once my baby is fast asleep)...so my question is:

Am i supposed to review my answers after solving all the problems or is there another day where I am supposed to review them all? Doing all the problems AND reviewing all the answers and taking notes will take me all night!!! And I really need my sleep too...as it is, I have to wake up every 2/3 hrs to feed the punkarse!

So, review now or later?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by nasir » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:18 am
i have the same question :

review after each day's exercise or on some specific day to review all the questions at once. i am on day 8 and to be honest i didn't check/ review both incorrect and correct answers till now.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:58 pm
hellokiwi wrote:I'm lagging a little behind on my days...actually quite a bit since there are a lot of materials to cover in one day. I am overwhelmed with the amount of materials required out of each day, and I am only on day 5! I doubt I'll finish the 60day plan in 60 days. That would be mission impossible (definitely difficult to do since my study time starts after 9pm, once my baby is fast asleep)...so my question is:

Am i supposed to review my answers after solving all the problems or is there another day where I am supposed to review them all? Doing all the problems AND reviewing all the answers and taking notes will take me all night!!! And I really need my sleep too...as it is, I have to wake up every 2/3 hrs to feed the punkarse!

So, review now or later?
The Study Guide is designed for students who can devote 2-4 hours of study each day.
Now for many people, this is not possible. That's understandable.
In this situation, you might have to modify the Guide and give yourself 2 days to complete each day's work (or perhaps 3 days to complete 2 day's work).
If you have the time, I think that there is a lot of value in reviewing the solutions. However, if you answered a question correctly and it only took you 20 seconds to do so, then perhaps the solution won't help much. However, if it took you 3 minutes to answer a question correctly, then perhaps the solution will provide some insight into a faster approach.

I hope that helps,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by nasir » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:40 pm
Hi Brent,

Last question is this regard, reviewing the solution after each question or after completing the whole bunch of questions.

Thanks
Nasir

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by hellokiwi » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:11 pm
nasir wrote:Hi Brent,

Last question is this regard, reviewing the solution after each question or after completing the whole bunch of questions.

Thanks
Nasir
Thanks for asking that question for me! hahaha
but I do know that in Day 12, you get a little bit of break from the rigorous schedule to solve any unfinished problems...maybe this is a perfect day to review solutions...?!?!

I'm finally done w/ Day 5 but have not reviewed the solutions just yet...
I'll get into the solutions in a few days so I wont forget what I've learned today.

I'm doing so badly, at least I'm doing DS better than PS...and I think DS is intimidating!
Nasir, we should keep tabs on each other...but you'll be waaaay ahead of me...
*sigh* o well...

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:33 am
nasir wrote:Hi Brent,

Thanks
Nasir
Hi Nasir,

I think it's a good idea to review the solution after each question since the question will still be fresh in your mind.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com