Finally for the 4th times.. I beat the GMAT !!!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
It was on end of May, my 4th GMAT test , my last GMAT score was 510 which taken 1 year ago.. Even my score this time not so excellent, but the important thing is I accepted to my dream school !!!!

Thank you to ERIC for this forum, this forum gives me courage , i remember once i saw a member said he try for 9th and finally beat the gmat, i was thought that 3th failed on this test make me the most stupid person as MBA candidate.. well, after read his experience ( i cant recall the member name.. sorry!!! ), I'm more confident to start open my GMAT journey ..

Just wanna share my study experience:

1. Prepare to do a lot of CAT practices.. actually you can buy online like 800score - the tips and practice there is tough, so good one for you who want difficult qs... At least one week, i wil practice 2-3 CAT and every question is timed..
2. Buy Official guide 11th edition.. this yellow thick book is a MUST ..
3. If you have some money extra, you can buy the verbal Guide or Quantitative Guide too ..
4. I bought past paper via mba.com .. few qs was the same as in OG , but I saw more question that i never encounter on the OG . Its worth to buy some..
5. Make Notes for future review esp in SC and Math part.
6. Join the MBA forum, esp this Beat the Gmat, i got few excellent tips from this forum..
7. Never give up.. you can do it.. !!!

On the test day ..
1. Prepare mentally .. dont worry too much, remember fail in GMAT, its not the end of the world.. you can try again 1 month later.. Make sure there is enough time between your test schedule and application opened
2. Prepare some snack and drink.. i prepare dates ( it gaves me more energy because its contain a lot sugar), some biscuit will also ok..
3. Dont waste too much time once you get very difficult qs , it may be experimental qs only..
4. After 10 qs in verbal, the time left suppose 55 minutes
After 10 qs in Math, the time left suppose 50 minutes..
Beyond this time, means you need to catch up with 11th onward..
5. Dont nervous.. just remember hard work will come good result ^_^

So guys.. i wish you all the best in your GMAT.. I believe you can do all the way.. you must beat the GMAT !!!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by lukacsdepereny » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:12 am
Great Job!

Best regards,

Sandor
Last edited by lukacsdepereny on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by gmataspirant » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:29 pm
GmatStruggle.

You achieved what you had wished.

You got the score that you wanted and enrolled in your dream school. I am sure it is your fighting spirit that led to your success.

I really like the peple who don't give up.

Congratulations on your success. Good Luck and God bless you.
Never GiveUp For Any Reason

by GMATstruggle » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:04 am
Hi Sandor..
My 1st GMAT - Dec 06 - score :450
My 2nd GMAT - Feb 07 -score : 530
My 3rd GMAT - May07 -score : 510

only one keyword : practice... yes, you must spend your time at least 2 hour a day . Its tough i know, i'm 27 years old and has been almost 5 years working, brain sometimes cant connect easily :-) , hard to concentrate to study once you get bogged down with a lot job commitment and tired at work. But GMAT really need a lot of work .. try to allocate your time.

The material you have i believe is strong enough for your to start review , try to finish OG11 and see which factor is your weaknesses, try to focus on that area.
At the same times, CAT practice that you have, you need to do at least once a week. I did practice CAT almost everyday on the 2 weeks period prior to my GMAT. How many month do you have to your next GMAT?

Believe in what you can do.. dont give up.. good luck..
GMAT struggle .. how to survive ??

by GMATstruggle » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:27 am
Dear GMAT Aspirant..

Thanks...
i wish i can do great on my MBA study .. 8)
GMAT struggle .. how to survive ??