feedback required on my profile

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

feedback required on my profile

by inquizzitive » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:16 pm
Hi stacy,

This is to take your feedback and advice on my profile:

completed B. Tech in chemical engg from a IIT (one of the best engg. college in India) in 2004

since then working in a software MNC in Bangalore,India.

work ex- total of 2 years as of now.

gmat : 700

acads: 6.5 on a scale of 10

decent amount of extra curricular activities at school and college level

MCSE certified and planning to take some certifications from National Stock Exchange of India related to finance domain.

To which schools should I apply?Mainly I am targetting european and american schools.Do you suggest taking gmat one more time in order to improve the score?

Thanks in advance

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:21 pm
I am not worried about your GMAT. If you read some of the posts on this forum or throughout the web, you will likely see that there are many applicants with profiles similar to yours. In order to stand out to the admissions committee at any top school, you will need to expand upon your personal goals, interests, activities, passions, etc... What school is right for you depends upon what you are looking for in a school, what are your goals?
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

thanks for the quick reply

by inquizzitive » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:42 pm
Hi Stacy ,

Thanks for the reply and your feedback.I do understand that one's goals and interests matter a lot while applying to any b-school.I just wanted to ask do I stand a chance in top 20 US b-schools given my low gpa and average work exp and avg. gmat score. I apologize for not making myself clear.
Another thing which I want to ask is about the difference in european and US business schools.What advantage do US business schools have over european ones?

With Regards

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:55 pm
You do stand a chance! You are just going to have to work very hard on the other aspects of your application and story.

I do believe that if you want to work in the US, you are at an advantage with US schools. You will benefit from the local alumni network, school reputation and recruiting.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me