Experts please evaluate my profile, with many thanks!!

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Currentlying studying International Economics & Finance (social science, not a business major) at the University of Amsterdam (ranked the 49th place in the 2009 World University Ranking),

GPA 7.2 or just a little bit more (out of 10), not on 4.0 scales.
However, I have extenuating circumstances which affected my GPA greatly. I can explain it in detail when I apply to the MBA program. And I believe the reason explains well.

I will take the GMAT in this June, and a score of 720 at least can be achieved.

Got two very strong Letters of Reference with respect to their rcommenders and to the content of the LOR themself.

My family owns a small pipe business since I was a child. Have learned quite a lot from my parents of how to deal with people, how to run business. Have very strong desire to start my own business when I was ten years old.

I am from China. During the study in the Netherlands, I've been to a lot of places within Europe. Learned a lot of different culture and different people.

Experts please comment on my profile. Is my chance of being admitted to HBS 2+2 program high? What else or what of the points I mentioned above need to be implemented further? Thank you very much=Dank u wel= In Dutch

Yours sincerely,
Stephen Chan
I love HBS.......
2010 Applicant~~~

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:640

by hk » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:56 am
I read somewhere that the HBS 2+2 program focuses especially on young leaders. The most common applicants have relevant campus leadership experience. They play an active role and always take initiatives. Do you have any such experience?
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish