ESMT but background in accounting and finance

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:3 members
Hi all,
It have taken me a year to decide which MBA I should go for, and I come to the short-list of MBA in EU including ESMT as the first choice, Mannheim and UCD Smurfit. Certainly the top MBA in US or UK are my dream but due to my limited financial capacity, I think I shouldn't stretch too much and stay focus. I will submit my application end of this March to be in the September 15/January 16 intake.
I chose ESMT for the reasons below:
- It is in Berlin, a dynamic city of Germany. I like the country and its economy, its style as my personal exposure through my current German boss.
- It is a new program but have shown a seriously good progress, now in top 100 by FT and the economist. I believe in its future reputation and I'll be happy if I can be part of its successful stories at this early stage.
- It is a one-year program, so I can still keep my contacts and industry news up-to-date, and be more confident when I'm back to the labour market.
- It is financially suitable, and offers many scholarships, that is really an influential factor to me.

However, its strength is in technology but my background is in finance. I wonder if it fits my future plan (to continue working in private equity in EU for about 1-2 years then back to my country-Vietnam), as well as my background fits its values.
I summarize my background here to make it easy for anyone who may give me their valuable advice:
- Bachelor degree in Accountancy, RMIT University Vietnam, GPA 3.3/4 (the first out of about 7 colleagues graduated the same time)
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) Australia: to be grant membership in April, CPA Excellent scholarship.
- IELTS: 7.5
- GMAT: 710
- 5 years of experience (to September 2015)
2010-2012: KPMG Vietnam, promoted to audit senior, lead a team of 3 people.
2012-current: a boutique private equity firm in Vietnam founded by EU partners, focusing on real estate, being the investment team leader since December 2013, leading 3 staff.
There is only a thing that relates me to technology is that I graduated from national high school for gifted student in physics, but it seems to be irrelevant.

It would be valuable for me to hear advices from and keep contact with admission experts, anyone who have considered/applied or who were admitted to a German MBA, alumni of a German MBA.
Thank you in advance :-)

by zantal » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 pm
Interesting profile. Why don't you contact the admissions team, they will be happy to answer your questions and put you in contact with alumni and current students.
Best wishes, Zoltán (ESMT)

by Atifraza » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:01 pm
The question asks:

Assume that host hotels receive a reimbursement from the conference organizers for 25% of the block rate per night for each unoccupied room in the conference block. For each of the following hotels, select 'yes' if, for at least one conference on the weekend listed, the hotel would lose room revenue if a room in the block is vacant because an attendee employed the ROB strategy, otherwise select 'No.'

by mitramac » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:43 pm
Hi Nhungnguyen147,
Hope you are doing well. Did you take admission into ESMT & what have been your experiences so far. Pls also let me know about job prospects for a non german.
Thanks!!