Epiphany

Have suggestions to improve this community?
This topic has expert replies
Community Manager
Followed by:3 members

Epiphany

by isisalaska » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:09 pm
Today I want to thank for the great advice of recommending the Manhattan GMAT guides. I have completed the Sentence Correction one and this book is a must. It teaches not just “tricks” but real concepts, techniques, etc. I liked so much that I purchased the “Number Properties” since I was getting a lot of problems incorrect and I could not figured out what was the problem.
Well, I finally had an “epiphany” :idea: and started to understand that what I really needed was to learn the concept. Thank you guys for such awesome suggestions! I am planning to be successful on Feb. 10! I have regained my optimist thanks to this forum. :D
Isis Alaska

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: Epiphany

by beatthegmat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:32 pm
isisalaska wrote:Today I want to thank for the great advice of recommending the Manhattan GMAT guides. I have completed the Sentence Correction one and this book is a must. It teaches not just “tricks” but real concepts, techniques, etc. I liked so much that I purchased the “Number Properties” since I was getting a lot of problems incorrect and I could not figured out what was the problem.
Well, I finally had an “epiphany” :idea: and started to understand that what I really needed was to learn the concept. Thank you guys for such awesome suggestions! I am planning to be successful on Feb. 10! I have regained my optimist thanks to this forum. :D
Thanks very much for that post. I'm so happy to hear that this forum has helped you regain your optimism about the GMAT!

Best of luck, and keep up the good work.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by wunderkind » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:23 pm
Very cool.

I don't even remember learning permutations and combinations in school, so I'll have to check out MGMAT's math guide as well. Thank!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by MaleInNC2007 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:37 pm
I purchased the Manhattan GMAT Sentence Correction this past week and I wished I purchased it earlier.

I went through the OG Big Book and the OG Math and Verbal and my sentence correction score was at roughly 70% for both the big book and the verbal book (much lower than the other areas). I have been doing better since I reviewed the book.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:3 members

by maxim730 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:15 pm
Ok, I'm getting the Manhattan SC book now.